Accessing Shared network printer

I have an HP 1315 printer that is installed on an XP home computer. I have
shared the printer. When I try to install the shared printerinto a second
computer, also running XP home, it cannot find the printer. Both computers
are members of the same workgroup but i cannot see one from the other in
network neighborhood.

Any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about accessing shared network printer

    If you cannot see the other printer, you have a fault in the basic
    networking setup, which must be corrected before you try and connect to a
    shared printer.

    See Steve Winograd's excellent article at
    http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp/filesharing.htm
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Hank" <Hank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have an HP 1315 printer that is installed on an XP home computer. I have
    > shared the printer. When I try to install the shared printerinto a second
    > computer, also running XP home, it cannot find the printer. Both
    > computers
    > are members of the same workgroup but i cannot see one from the other in
    > network neighborhood.
    >
    > Any ideas?

Printers Network Printer Windows XP