Sign in with
Your question

My skyrim keeps crashing at on the boot page before the title screen

Last response: in Video Games
Anonymous
October 6, 2012 4:17:26 PM

My Skyrim game was downloaded on Steam nearly a year ago now and I have NEVER experienced this sort of crashing. It is on the screen before the title screen with the imperial symbol (dont know what either are called). I literally open the game through steam,click play, the game quickly pops up for less than a second and immediately closes . I know it is not the sound because I have already tried that. I have tried deleting all of my mods but that didn't work either.

My computer specs are:

Windows 7 alienware aurora
i7 2.8GHz
8GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 295

ANY advice is much appreciated because I have been searching for 2days and I cannot find anyone who has had my specific problem. In short I'm desperate.

October 7, 2012 11:35:41 PM

Do you have any content from the steam workshop installed?
October 8, 2012 6:44:04 PM

Did you delete mods from the Launcher or manually? If you downloaded them through Nexus you will need to remove the files manually from program files. It could be caused from leftover corrupted meshes or textures that were still left in the game files even if the mods were deleted from launcher.
June 29, 2013 6:39:31 AM

iyzik said:
Did you delete mods from the Launcher or manually? If you downloaded them through Nexus you will need to remove the files manually from program files. It could be caused from leftover corrupted meshes or textures that were still left in the game files even if the mods were deleted from launcher.

How do i delete them manullay
!