XP Fax Wizard -Multiple Excel Worksheets

I am using the Fax Service included with XP Home (sp2) and Office 2003.
When I selected several EXCEL worksheets and sent them to the fax
driver, I got one Fax Wizard for the entire job. Now I get one wizard
for first or second worksheet and additional wizards for each of the
subsequent worksheets. I would like to fix this glitch. Anyone know
how to do this? I have already removed and reinstalled the fax
service.

--
richbgmac
1 answer Last reply

    Office programs invoke a Fax Wizard that was originally designed for use
    with Microsoft Fax in Windows 95/98. It is a remnant with little relevance
    now that neither Windows XP nor Office supports Microsoft Fax. It was sloppy
    of Microsoft not to remove it from Office. Don't use it. All if does now is
    prepare a Fax Cover sheet for Microsoft Fax (which usually will not get
    sent) then hands off the actual fax to the native Windows XP Fax Service.
    Just use the native Windows XP Fax Service directly. More details here:
    http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm. You can use the Send
    to Mail Recipient command if you want, then select a fax recipient from the
    Outlook Address Book.

    Also, Fax merges require a special format for the fax number:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289532

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "richbgmac" <richbgmac.1tbv1r@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > I am using the Fax Service included with XP Home (sp2) and Office 2003.
    > When I selected several EXCEL worksheets and sent them to the fax
    > driver, I got one Fax Wizard for the entire job. Now I get one wizard
    > for first or second worksheet and additional wizards for each of the
    > subsequent worksheets. I would like to fix this glitch. Anyone know
    > how to do this? I have already removed and reinstalled the fax
    > service.
    >

    > --
    > richbgmac

Fax Excel Windows XP