Wireless printing from laptop.

My present laptop(Toshiba) connects to my home network through a wireless
Siemens card to the Siemens speedstream router.The router has a print server.
I have a Canon BJC-85 hooked to the router via a parallel cable.

When I purchased the first Toshiba laptop I could not for the life of me
manage to install the printer as a network printer...so I just installed it
as a local printer by plugging the cable into the LPT1 port and later changed
the port to SCC702_P1 Shared port and everthing worked fine.I can print from
another room.

I bought a new Toshiba laptop(802.11 wireless) for my wife and have the same
issues again.I can't install as a network printer but the new computer has no
LPT1 port on it so I can't do as I did with the first one.

The printer is a BJC-80. If anyone can offer any help or suggestions as to
how I can install it as a network printer on the new computer it would be
much appreciated.

How would I find the printer address/URL?

Thanks....Jack
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless printing laptop

    "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My present laptop(Toshiba) connects to my home network through a wireless
    > Siemens card to the Siemens speedstream router.The router has a print
    > server.
    > I have a Canon BJC-85 hooked to the router via a parallel cable.
    >
    > When I purchased the first Toshiba laptop I could not for the life of me
    > manage to install the printer as a network printer...so I just installed
    > it
    > as a local printer by plugging the cable into the LPT1 port and later
    > changed
    > the port to SCC702_P1 Shared port and everthing worked fine.I can print
    > from
    > another room.
    >
    > I bought a new Toshiba laptop(802.11 wireless) for my wife and have the
    > same
    > issues again.I can't install as a network printer but the new computer has
    > no
    > LPT1 port on it so I can't do as I did with the first one.
    >
    > The printer is a BJC-80. If anyone can offer any help or suggestions as to
    > how I can install it as a network printer on the new computer it would be
    > much appreciated.
    >
    > How would I find the printer address/URL?
    >
    > Thanks....Jack

    Have you tried talking to the Siemens support group about this problem? It
    may be simply a fault with the device.As far as I know the 'print server'
    function is cmpletely separate from he 'router' and may have a discrete
    fault.

    Have a read through Bruce Sanderson's article at:
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/Printing%20to%20Print%20Server%20device.htm
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My present laptop(Toshiba) connects to my home network through a wireless
    > Siemens card to the Siemens speedstream router.The router has a print
    > server.
    > I have a Canon BJC-85 hooked to the router via a parallel cable.
    >
    > When I purchased the first Toshiba laptop I could not for the life of me
    > manage to install the printer as a network printer...so I just installed
    > it
    > as a local printer by plugging the cable into the LPT1 port and later
    > changed
    > the port to SCC702_P1 Shared port and everthing worked fine.I can print
    > from
    > another room.
    >
    > I bought a new Toshiba laptop(802.11 wireless) for my wife and have the
    > same
    > issues again.I can't install as a network printer but the new computer has
    > no
    > LPT1 port on it so I can't do as I did with the first one.
    >
    > The printer is a BJC-80. If anyone can offer any help or suggestions as to
    > how I can install it as a network printer on the new computer it would be
    > much appreciated.
    >
    > How would I find the printer address/URL?
    >
    > Thanks....Jack

Laptops Wireless Windows XP