Please help me out on this one...

This is all about printer sharing. Kindly somebody help me on this
one.

I have a domain controller of win 2k server and a win xp which is not
included in the domain but still in the same network.

I am trying to connect to the printer of the win xp machine but it
wont. It says that the win 2k server cannont find the machine and the
printer. I’ve tried to ping the xp from 2k it says request time out.
but if i ping the 2k from xp, it’s pinging and I can even print from
the xp with the 2k printer.

Actually, I can’t ping the xp from any other machine not only the 2k
server. Is there a problem with the xp machine that I can’t ping.
I’ve encountered this a lot and still dont know the solution.

How can I get to ping the xp machine? the NIC is D-Link 530tx.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Print---Fax-help-ftopict405596.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1344577
1 answer Last reply
More about please

    "sherwin" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message

    > I am trying to connect to the printer of the win xp machine but it
    > wont. It says that the win 2k server cannont find the machine and
    > the
    > printer. Iâ?Tve tried to ping the xp from 2k it says request time
    > out.
    > but if i ping the 2k from xp, itâ?Ts pinging and I can even print
    > from
    > the xp with the 2k printer.

    Disable the firewall in XP.

    /klaus