quiet hsf for 1700

I have lived with a screaming fan for a while now. My roomate just got a new factory built pc and it is so quiet. It really makes me want to switch out the Vantek CCK-6035D on my XP 1700 for a quieter combo. Besides the Volcano series, can you guys give me your suggestions for a quieter hsf that is still adequate?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by alc101ma on 11/03/02 04:08 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
5 answers Last reply
More about quiet 1700
  1. Sorry man, I am stuck on the Volcano 7+. I do have on on a 1700+. Under load with the fan on medium Im running 104F to 107F using MBM5. Take care.

Hang in there. It can only get better!
  2. What do you guys think about this for quietness...

Thermalright AX-7 with a Panaflow 24cfm 21dBa fan, or a much pricier Vantec Stealth 27cfm 21dBa fan.

Think that will cool my XP1700 properly, or would I need a higher output fan? Oh yea, and since the AX-7 is so big, would it fit on a Epox 8KHA+ ok?

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by alc101ma on 11/05/02 02:23 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
  3. I am not familiar with that HS and fan. I will check it out later today. Take care.

Hang in there. It can only get better!
  4. The AX-7 is nice heatsink but I don't think it did very well with low CFM fans. Sorry I don't have a review link off-hand. Searching...

<b>I type sixty words per minute. Ten are spelled correctly.</b>
  5. Hmm I remember reading in some review that the stealths are louder than they are rated. http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1040
    Could someone back up or deny this?
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Font Overclocking