Blue Cartridge Not working?

Hoping someone can help -- I'm definitely out of ideas.
Thanks,
MC

Printer: Canon S820

Age: Approx. 3 yrs. Old

Background: Color printing regularly without problems. Now, blue ink
cartridge does not seem to be working though it appears full.

Have Tried:
Cleaning the heads
Printing from other programs
Nozzle Alignment -- B column not printing
Removed cartridge and reinserted
Removed cartridge & printed -- worked w/o blue cartridge, obviously,
colors off

Next Steps:
?????
Replace cartridge?? -- worried this won't work as current cartridge
has ink
1 answer Last reply
More about blue cartridge working

    Did you do any research before posting at this Forum? The Canon S820
    does not have a "blue" cartridge. It has black, yellow, magenta and cyan.
    Magenta is near red and Cyan is "near" blue, I suppose you are asking
    about the Cyan cartridge. Are you using brand name cartridges or generic?
    Some generic cartridges will not align nor print. If yours has less than 20%
    ink it will also stop printing, and I don't mean empty. Clean the print head
    manually with a Q-tip and denatured alcohol (rubbing type) and try again.
    If no positive result, contact tech support at the Canon website.
    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "MC" wrote:

    > Hoping someone can help -- I'm definitely out of ideas.
    > Thanks,
    > MC
    >
    > Printer: Canon S820
    >
    > Age: Approx. 3 yrs. Old
    >
    > Background: Color printing regularly without problems. Now, blue ink
    > cartridge does not seem to be working though it appears full.
    >
    > Have Tried:
    > Cleaning the heads
    > Printing from other programs
    > Nozzle Alignment -- B column not printing
    > Removed cartridge and reinserted
    > Removed cartridge & printed -- worked w/o blue cartridge, obviously,
    > colors off
    >
    > Next Steps:
    > ?????
    > Replace cartridge?? -- worried this won't work as current cartridge
    > has ink

Windows XP