Blue Cartridge Not working?

August 8, 2005 10:39:05 PM

Hoping someone can help -- I'm definitely out of ideas.
Thanks,
MC

Printer: Canon S820

Age: Approx. 3 yrs. Old

Background: Color printing regularly without problems. Now, blue ink
cartridge does not seem to be working though it appears full.

Have Tried:
Cleaning the heads
Printing from other programs
Nozzle Alignment -- B column not printing
Removed cartridge and reinserted
Removed cartridge & printed -- worked w/o blue cartridge, obviously,
colors off

Next Steps:
?????
Replace cartridge?? -- worried this won't work as current cartridge
has ink

More about : blue cartridge working

August 9, 2005 3:55:29 PM

Did you do any research before posting at this Forum? The Canon S820
does not have a "blue" cartridge. It has black, yellow, magenta and cyan.
Magenta is near red and Cyan is "near" blue, I suppose you are asking
about the Cyan cartridge. Are you using brand name cartridges or generic?
Some generic cartridges will not align nor print. If yours has less than 20%
ink it will also stop printing, and I don't mean empty. Clean the print head
manually with a Q-tip and denatured alcohol (rubbing type) and try again.
If no positive result, contact tech support at the Canon website.
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

!