Any thoughts about this?

tombance

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
I know ivwe double posted but once again I findthis forum being the only one with any decent attention. So heres a question nothing to do with CPUs:
Ive just removed my creative SB 16 PCI card and decided to revert back to my AC97. However, after I activated it in the bios (from disabled to 'auto') it was not detected by my computer. Whats happened? as far as I know there arent any jumpers I need to change, and it worked when I built the computer, it was detected straight away.

So any ideas?

Also, before you ask ive removed the old drivers, there arent any sound drivers under the device list at all. Maybe the creative thing has left something in the registry?

My sig's faster than yours, and it overclocks better too....

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
But, do you have the drivers of the AC97?

If so, just install them and restart. The system should be able to detect them then.

<b>(<font color=yellow>as good as it looks</font color=yellow>)</b>

mrwhipper

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2002
You might want to try and change the BIOS setting from "auto" to "enable". What kind of board do you have? There is usuall more than one thing in the BIOS that you have to enable depending on the mobo. Some have a sound blaster option (even though it is not a SB chip), AC97 option, game port option. Check and make sure everything is enabled not auto. I hope this helps. Take care.

Hang in there. It can only get better!