FAXES GO TO OUTBOX, AND JUST SIT.

I have a Toshiba Tecra PC Laptop. I got online with the dialup modem,
added Fax Service in my Windows Components, and sent a Word document
to Print - Fax, went through the motions with the Wizard and hit
Finish Fax. And the messages just sit comfortably in the Outbox as I
try to pause, then resume them, turning off the ’Wait for dial tone
before dialing’ option, re-enter the faxes a few times, anything to
make them budge. Nothing. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Print---Fax-ES-OUTBOX-SIT-ftopict406856.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1349409

This may be a stupid question, but, are you trying to send Faxes while you
are online? If so, this won't work. The Fax service needs full access to
the modem. The only way to send a fax while online is to use an Internet
Faxing service:

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/fax.htm#internetfax
Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
http://www.savetz.com/fax/
FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com