Default printer remains unchecded with xp home

When I restart, the default printer has the check mark over.
when I rightlick, set default printer, it does not stay nor can I can right
click and set as default.

Byte

This may also be a dumb question, but how many printers do you have
attached to your PC? If just one, and you go to Control Panel>Printers
and faxes you could have two (2) listed. One is the printer itself and the
other is BVRP (Fax installed). If you have more than one printer installed,
reboot PC, rightclick the printer you want as default and check it. Are you
an Administrator with a networked system, or the only user?
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the