how to print a file created with the FILE: port ?

I printed a document using the FILE: port setting. How do I actually
print the the output file ? Is there a print manager utility in Windows
where I could load previously created output files ?

Thank you

Pablo De la Puente wrote:

> I printed a document using the FILE: port setting. How do I actually
> print the the output file ?

open a Command Prompt and type:

COPY filename.prn LPT1:

(if your printer is connected to the LPT1 port).

If it's an USB printer you'll have to share it, just like it were on a
network (say MYPRN), then

NET USE LPT1: \\My_Pc_Name\MYPRN
(connects LPT1 to the Shared printer)
COPY filename.prn LPT1:
(sends the file to the printer)
NET USE LPT1: /D
(disable the redirection)

The filename.prn you created contains all the control codes needed to manage
that kind of printer, so it cannot be sent to a different printer type.

Kind regards,
Davide Guolo
Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
http://www.guolo.com/printfil
Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all

Hello Davide,

I think there is a program called Windows Print Manager but I don't know if
that's part of Windows or a 3rd party product. Meanwhile, the commands that
you gave me will do the trick.

Thanks for your explanations.
Pablo