printer will not install

August 12, 2005 12:54:49 AM

The printer is a lexmark x83 it a farly old model. Whenever i try to
install the printer software using the cd i get so far throught and the
their is a ntvdm error were ntvdm fails to initialize. So I went to the
site and got somthing to install it without the cd and i check my system
registry and ntvdm was their i thought it might bee corrupt so i
overwite it with the orginal from the cd and it made no difference at
all. My OS is Windows xp home edition with many hotfixs and security
updates.

Thanks

--
bluegender

More about : printer install

Anonymous
August 12, 2005 3:15:32 PM

Did you download XP drivers for the printer from the Lexmark website at
www.lexmark.com or are you trying to install Windows9x drivers for it...
which won't work!
--
Cari (MS-MVP)