Cleave (for Clerics)

Last response: in Video Games
August 19, 2005 5:25:38 AM

Well,browsing about various messageboards it has come to my
attention,that it is possible to get critical melee hits with classes
which dont have this as an inherent skill or get it via AAs.
Sadly I cannot find any info about the number of crits I will get,
looking it up on Lucy it says something about an increase of 80%,
but an increase of 80% from 0 is still 0!? =)
So,anyone can give some numbers or anecdotal info on this?

Mheldur 67 Cleric

More about : cleave clerics

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 2:50:45 PM

"Meldur" <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in message
Well,browsing about various messageboards it has come to my
attention,that it is possible to get critical melee hits with classes
which dont have this as an inherent skill or get it via AAs.
Sadly I cannot find any info about the number of crits I will get,
looking it up on Lucy it says something about an increase of 80%,
but an increase of 80% from 0 is still 0!? =)
So,anyone can give some numbers or anecdotal info on this?

Mheldur 67 Cleric

----

Filter crit hits to a diff window and you will actually notice we now crit,
not very often or for much, but we do crit melee hit :)

T.
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 2:50:46 PM

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:50:45 +1000, "Thomas Houseman"
<thomashouseman@HomailHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS.com> wrote:

>"Meldur" <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in message
>Well,browsing about various messageboards it has come to my
>attention,that it is possible to get critical melee hits with classes
>which dont have this as an inherent skill or get it via AAs.
>Sadly I cannot find any info about the number of crits I will get,
>looking it up on Lucy it says something about an increase of 80%,
>but an increase of 80% from 0 is still 0!? =)
>So,anyone can give some numbers or anecdotal info on this?
>
>Mheldur 67 Cleric
>

>----
>
>Filter crit hits to a diff window and you will actually notice we now crit,
>not very often or for much, but we do crit melee hit :)
>
>T.

Yes,I know that we can crit,would like something less vaguely than
"not very often or for much". =)
Esepcially I would like to know the difference between Cleave I and
Cleave II.
Btw what do you mean with "not ... for much",as far as I know,a melee
crit gives a fixed 2/3 increase in damage.

Mheldur 67 Cleric
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 6:02:14 PM

Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in

> Well,browsing about various messageboards it has come to my
> attention,that it is possible to get critical melee hits with classes
> which dont have this as an inherent skill or get it via AAs.
> Sadly I cannot find any info about the number of crits I will get,
> looking it up on Lucy it says something about an increase of 80%,
> but an increase of 80% from 0 is still 0!? =)
> So,anyone can give some numbers or anecdotal info on this?

I have a bracer from the Tipt trial, it has cleave 1, and I do get melee
crits, but it is rare. Couldn't give you a number, other than not much
more than 1 or 2 in any given fight, when I am soloing and meleeing because
I feel like smacking things.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 36 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter <Tempest>
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 6:04:41 PM

> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:50:45 +1000, "Thomas Houseman"
> <thomashouseman@HomailHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS.com> wrote:
>
>>"Meldur" <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in message
>>news:3t5ag1p8458jek13qvhrf3jl7250mmf0ug@4ax.com... Well,browsing about
>>various messageboards it has come to my attention,that it is possible
>>to get critical melee hits with classes which dont have this as an
>>inherent skill or get it via AAs. Sadly I cannot find any info about
>>the number of crits I will get, looking it up on Lucy it says
>>something about an increase of 80%, but an increase of 80% from 0 is
>>still 0!? =) So,anyone can give some numbers or anecdotal info on
>>this?
>>
>>Filter crit hits to a diff window and you will actually notice we now
>>crit, not very often or for much, but we do crit melee hit :)
>
> Yes,I know that we can crit,would like something less vaguely than
> "not very often or for much". =)
> Esepcially I would like to know the difference between Cleave I and
> Cleave II.
> Btw what do you mean with "not ... for much",as far as I know,a melee
> crit gives a fixed 2/3 increase in damage.

Priest classes don't get the bonus damage added on to weapons that melee
classes get, so, given equal weapons, our hits are for significantly less
than a melee class hits for, and, as such, so are our crits.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 36 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter <Tempest>
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:32:38 PM

On 19 Aug 2005 14:02:14 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
>
>> Well,browsing about various messageboards it has come to my
>> attention,that it is possible to get critical melee hits with classes
>> which dont have this as an inherent skill or get it via AAs.
>> Sadly I cannot find any info about the number of crits I will get,
>> looking it up on Lucy it says something about an increase of 80%,
>> but an increase of 80% from 0 is still 0!? =)
>> So,anyone can give some numbers or anecdotal info on this?
>>

>I have a bracer from the Tipt trial, it has cleave 1, and I do get melee
>crits, but it is rare. Couldn't give you a number, other than not much
>more than 1 or 2 in any given fight, when I am soloing and meleeing because
>I feel like smacking things.

Thanks,exactly the info I was looking for.

Mheldur 67 Cleric
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:57:38 PM

On 19 Aug 2005 14:04:41 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
>
>> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:50:45 +1000, "Thomas Houseman"
>> <thomashouseman@HomailHADTOPUTTHISHERETOSTOPTHESWENVIRUS.com> wrote:
>>
>>>"Meldur" <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in message
>>>news:3t5ag1p8458jek13qvhrf3jl7250mmf0ug@4ax.com... Well,browsing about
>>>various messageboards it has come to my attention,that it is possible
>>>to get critical melee hits with classes which dont have this as an
>>>inherent skill or get it via AAs. Sadly I cannot find any info about
>>>the number of crits I will get, looking it up on Lucy it says
>>>something about an increase of 80%, but an increase of 80% from 0 is
>>>still 0!? =) So,anyone can give some numbers or anecdotal info on
>>>this?
>>>
>>>Filter crit hits to a diff window and you will actually notice we now
>>>crit, not very often or for much, but we do crit melee hit :)
>>
>> Yes,I know that we can crit,would like something less vaguely than
>> "not very often or for much". =)
>> Esepcially I would like to know the difference between Cleave I and
>> Cleave II.
>> Btw what do you mean with "not ... for much",as far as I know,a melee
>> crit gives a fixed 2/3 increase in damage.
>>

>Priest classes don't get the bonus damage added on to weapons that melee
>classes get, so, given equal weapons, our hits are for significantly less
>than a melee class hits for, and, as such, so are our crits.

Sure,you are are right...versus live mobs,I see hits for 100
frequently versus Undead;Hammer has bane damage vs. undead +12,
making it a 18del/26dam weapon,even with our non existing damage
bonus,capped 1hblunt skill and no double attacks its not too shabby.

Note thats all just for fun,have nothing better to upgrade or my money
to spend on,I have FT items rotting in bank and all the Foci I need.
I am not a big fan of the higher hp/mana game,as you could see in my
posting some weeks ago about Cleric 66+ spells,not that I ever wiped
with less than 50% mana. =)
I melee nearly everywhere,even in the highest level zones I frequently
visit(MPG) or on raids.
Item of my dreams wouldnt be the epic 2.0,I would be most happy if
I could get the not no rent version of our hammer from VZ or Saryn.

Mhledur 67 Cleric
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:57:39 PM

> On 19 Aug 2005 14:04:41 GMT, Graeme Faelban
> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>
>>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in

>>> Yes,I know that we can crit,would like something less vaguely than
>>> "not very often or for much". =)
>>> Esepcially I would like to know the difference between Cleave I and
>>> Cleave II.
>>> Btw what do you mean with "not ... for much",as far as I know,a
>>> melee crit gives a fixed 2/3 increase in damage.
>>>

>>Priest classes don't get the bonus damage added on to weapons that
>>melee classes get, so, given equal weapons, our hits are for
>>significantly less than a melee class hits for, and, as such, so are
>>our crits.
>
> Sure,you are are right...versus live mobs,I see hits for 100
> frequently versus Undead;Hammer has bane damage vs. undead +12,
> making it a 18del/26dam weapon,even with our non existing damage
> bonus,capped 1hblunt skill and no double attacks its not too shabby.

The actual melee damage is pretty well meaningless, it's your procs that
help a lot as far as damage done. The highest melee crit I have seen was
132 or so for me, using a hammer of the ironfrost, before I got my epic
1.5.

> Note thats all just for fun,have nothing better to upgrade or my money
> to spend on,I have FT items rotting in bank and all the Foci I need.
> I am not a big fan of the higher hp/mana game,as you could see in my
> posting some weeks ago about Cleric 66+ spells,not that I ever wiped
> with less than 50% mana. =)
> I melee nearly everywhere,even in the highest level zones I frequently
> visit(MPG) or on raids.
> Item of my dreams wouldnt be the epic 2.0,I would be most happy if
> I could get the not no rent version of our hammer from VZ or Saryn.

Generally, I only melee when I am soloing, and I feel like smacking
things, as it is far less efficient than medding, but, it is fun. In
groups, I will only melee if we are doing fairly trivial content, as my
DPS is much higher if I med and use my mana for doing damage instead.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 36 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter <Tempest>
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:57:40 PM

In article <Xns96B771691A449richardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4>,
Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>groups, I will only melee if we are doing fairly trivial content, as my
>DPS is much higher if I med and use my mana for doing damage instead.

You know when having casters melee really makes a difference?
When the shaman uses those new spirit of <random_cat> spells. 6 people
proccing 400+ dd procs is almost as much DPS as having a necro along :-)
Anonymous
August 19, 2005 11:03:11 PM

wrat@panix.com (the wharf rat) wrote in news:D e55v5$b4d$1
@reader2.panix.com:

> In article <Xns96B771691A449richardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4>,
> Graeme Faelban <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>>groups, I will only melee if we are doing fairly trivial content, as my
>>DPS is much higher if I med and use my mana for doing damage instead.
>>

> You know when having casters melee really makes a difference?
> When the shaman uses those new spirit of <random_cat> spells. 6 people
> proccing 400+ dd procs is almost as much DPS as having a necro along
:-)

Don't forget the pets...

Mind you, with the duration of the spell, casting it on the entire group
and all pets means that I am not actually meleeing, as I am pretty much
constantly casting the spell. This also means that I will run out of
mana rather rapidly.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 36 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter <Tempest>
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 1:44:17 AM

On 19 Aug 2005 17:08:53 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
>
>> On 19 Aug 2005 14:04:41 GMT, Graeme Faelban
>> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in

>>>Priest classes don't get the bonus damage added on to weapons that
>>>melee classes get, so, given equal weapons, our hits are for
>>>significantly less than a melee class hits for, and, as such, so are
>>>our crits.
>>
>> Sure,you are are right...versus live mobs,I see hits for 100
>> frequently versus Undead;Hammer has bane damage vs. undead +12,
>> making it a 18del/26dam weapon,even with our non existing damage
>> bonus,capped 1hblunt skill and no double attacks its not too shabby.
>
>The actual melee damage is pretty well meaningless, it's your procs that
>help a lot as far as damage done. The highest melee crit I have seen was
>132 or so for me, using a hammer of the ironfrost, before I got my epic
>1.5.
>

>> Note thats all just for fun,have nothing better to upgrade or my money
>> to spend on,I have FT items rotting in bank and all the Foci I need.
>> I am not a big fan of the higher hp/mana game,as you could see in my
>> posting some weeks ago about Cleric 66+ spells,not that I ever wiped
>> with less than 50% mana. =)
>> I melee nearly everywhere,even in the highest level zones I frequently
>> visit(MPG) or on raids.
>> Item of my dreams wouldnt be the epic 2.0,I would be most happy if
>> I could get the not no rent version of our hammer from VZ or Saryn.
>>

>Generally, I only melee when I am soloing, and I feel like smacking
>things, as it is far less efficient than medding, but, it is fun. In
>groups, I will only melee if we are doing fairly trivial content, as my
>DPS is much higher if I med and use my mana for doing damage instead.

Clerics get Yaulp,gives 12 mana standing,just 6 less than medding.
I am absolutely sure I do more damage meleeing/yaulping than
with medding/nuking due to resists when fighting non-undead mobs.
Especially true when doing MPG with all those high level mobs,which
love to resist nukes.
I have yet to see a resisted proc from the summoned hammer.

Mheldur 67 Cleric
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 1:44:18 AM

In article <gcdcg1hin7184j80rrt8r476qdct4cv57m@4ax.com>,
Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:

>Clerics get Yaulp,gives 12 mana standing,just 6 less than medding.

And yaulp 7 is 14, I just wish it lasted longer. Well, I wish
it lasted longer and had a more dignified name... "yaulp" is something
a puppy dog does...

>I have yet to see a resisted proc from the summoned hammer.

Oh, I've seen em. Makes me so mad. Like when I finally decide
to nuke something and I do 25 damage...
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 1:44:18 AM

> On 19 Aug 2005 17:08:53 GMT, Graeme Faelban
> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>
>>Generally, I only melee when I am soloing, and I feel like smacking
>>things, as it is far less efficient than medding, but, it is fun. In
>>groups, I will only melee if we are doing fairly trivial content, as
>>my DPS is much higher if I med and use my mana for doing damage
>>instead.
>
> Clerics get Yaulp,gives 12 mana standing,just 6 less than medding.
> I am absolutely sure I do more damage meleeing/yaulping than
> with medding/nuking due to resists when fighting non-undead mobs.
> Especially true when doing MPG with all those high level mobs,which
> love to resist nukes.
> I have yet to see a resisted proc from the summoned hammer.

Yes, but I am not a cleric, and my spell damage is quite effective,
particularly with the debuffs available to me, even when fighting yellow
and red mobs.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 36 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter <Tempest>
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 1:44:19 AM

wrat@panix.com (the wharf rat) wrote in news:D e5gp0$ec9$1
@reader2.panix.com:

> In article <gcdcg1hin7184j80rrt8r476qdct4cv57m@4ax.com>,
> Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
>>
>>Clerics get Yaulp,gives 12 mana standing,just 6 less than medding.
>
> And yaulp 7 is 14, I just wish it lasted longer. Well, I wish
> it lasted longer and had a more dignified name... "yaulp" is something
> a puppy dog does...

Minor nit, but, it does cost 10 mana to cast, lasts 4 ticks, so, subtract
2.5 mana/tick from your yaulp numbers...

>>I have yet to see a resisted proc from the summoned hammer.
>
> Oh, I've seen em. Makes me so mad. Like when I finally decide
> to nuke something and I do 25 damage...

What's even funnier is a critical blast for (3) or so...

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 36 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter <Tempest>
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 6:15:53 AM

On 19 Aug 2005 21:09:50 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

>wrat@panix.com (the wharf rat) wrote in news:D e5gp0$ec9$1
>@reader2.panix.com:
>
>> In article <gcdcg1hin7184j80rrt8r476qdct4cv57m@4ax.com>,
>> Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
>>>
>>>Clerics get Yaulp,gives 12 mana standing,just 6 less than medding.
>>
>> And yaulp 7 is 14, I just wish it lasted longer. Well, I wish
>> it lasted longer and had a more dignified name... "yaulp" is something
>> a puppy dog does...
>
>Minor nit, but, it does cost 10 mana to cast, lasts 4 ticks, so, subtract
>2.5 mana/tick from your yaulp numbers...

Minor nit: =)
It lasts 7 tics for me(SCRM+20% extension from shawl),and costs 8 or 9
mana,depending on what I get from Mana Preservation and Spell Casting
Mastery.
Seriously,the point of all this is,that I am at least 90% of my time
fm,thats why I am (somewhat) concerned about melee dps,besides the fun
factor.

Mheldur
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 6:15:54 AM

In article <j8scg1doocvj86o5uf1lgjlhf2lqbeg0l2@4ax.com>,
Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
>I am at least 90% of my time fm

Ha ha, that means you're not pulling fast enough :-)

All kidding aside, if the puller's doing exactly right my mana
goes sllllooowwwwly down and then at like 20% we run out of mobs... I
sometimes melee on the way into a raid (while clearing to target) but
wouldn't think about meleeing a raid target...

I *do* solo, undead in ME, stuff like that... And I play paladin
in chanter/cleric or chanter/necro duos. (More DPS and more fun if I
tank and heal myself rather than just healing pet...) The new damage
shield spells are a godsend for clerics, although since we get plate
we should also get dual wield! :-)

And invis.

And better stuns.

And you shouldn't need peridots all the time either. Oh, wait... :-)
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 2:19:33 PM

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 01:34:36 +0000 (UTC), wrat@panix.com (the wharf
rat) wrote:

>In article <j8scg1doocvj86o5uf1lgjlhf2lqbeg0l2@4ax.com>,
>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:
>>I am at least 90% of my time fm
>
> Ha ha, that means you're not pulling fast enough :-)

Ha,I saw that statement coming. =)

> All kidding aside, if the puller's doing exactly right my mana
>goes sllllooowwwwly down and then at like 20% we run out of mobs

Well,there are always some breaks,caused by people going afk,
replacing group members,dieing pullers =),etc,etc.
Its very,very rare that a group is killing for hours without the
smallest break.
And in most groups are other classes which can heal,I have given
up on arguing with Druids that there mana is much better invested
in nuking than in healing.They seem to think its their job to keep
everyone at 100% health all the time.
Knights can heal themselves very well too,often the 600 hp/tic HoT
is enough on them in one fight in MPG,not to speak of lower level
content,where I besides throwing a Divine Arbitration every 3 minutes
mutate to a full time dps class.

>sometimes melee on the way into a raid (while clearing to target) but
>wouldn't think about meleeing a raid target...

Sure,was talking about meleeing on move not on target. =)

> I *do* solo, undead in ME, stuff like that... And I play paladin
>in chanter/cleric or chanter/necro duos. (More DPS and more fun if I
>tank and heal myself rather than just healing pet...) The new damage
>shield spells are a godsend for clerics, although since we get plate
>we should also get dual wield! :-)

Yes,sometimes I play Pally too in Ldons with lower level folks,a Pally
who can pacify everything,and thats the point why I started playing
a Cleric originally and retired my at that time 54 Pally.

> And invis.

We got it,its called Cloudy Potion. =)

> And better stuns.
>
> And you shouldn't need peridots all the time either. Oh, wait... :-)

Mheldur 67 Cleric
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 6:42:43 PM

> On 19 Aug 2005 21:09:50 GMT, Graeme Faelban
> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>
>>wrat@panix.com (the wharf rat) wrote in news:D e5gp0$ec9$1
>>@reader2.panix.com:

>>> And yaulp 7 is 14, I just wish it lasted longer. Well, I wish
>>> it lasted longer and had a more dignified name... "yaulp" is
>>> something a puppy dog does...
>>
>>Minor nit, but, it does cost 10 mana to cast, lasts 4 ticks, so,
>>subtract 2.5 mana/tick from your yaulp numbers...
>
> Minor nit: =)
> It lasts 7 tics for me(SCRM+20% extension from shawl),and costs 8 or 9
> mana,depending on what I get from Mana Preservation and Spell Casting
> Mastery.
> Seriously,the point of all this is,that I am at least 90% of my time
> fm,thats why I am (somewhat) concerned about melee dps,besides the fun
> factor.

The amount of extra damage you will do with Cleave will be lost in the
noise. It will make no difference at all to the fights.

As to being FM all the time, well, your group is pulling too slow.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 36 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter <Tempest>
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 3:02:15 AM

On 22 Aug 2005 14:42:43 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
>
>> On 19 Aug 2005 21:09:50 GMT, Graeme Faelban
>> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>>
>>>wrat@panix.com (the wharf rat) wrote in news:D e5gp0$ec9$1
>>>@reader2.panix.com:

>>>Minor nit, but, it does cost 10 mana to cast, lasts 4 ticks, so,
>>>subtract 2.5 mana/tick from your yaulp numbers...
>>
>> Minor nit: =)
>> It lasts 7 tics for me(SCRM+20% extension from shawl),and costs 8 or 9
>> mana,depending on what I get from Mana Preservation and Spell Casting
>> Mastery.
>> Seriously,the point of all this is,that I am at least 90% of my time
>> fm,thats why I am (somewhat) concerned about melee dps,besides the fun
>> factor.
>>

>The amount of extra damage you will do with Cleave will be lost in the
>noise. It will make no difference at all to the fights.

>As to being FM all the time, well, your group is pulling too slow.

Nice,that you always have the pefect group in ideal circumstances.

Mheldur 67 cleric
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 3:02:16 AM

> On 22 Aug 2005 14:42:43 GMT, Graeme Faelban
> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>
>>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in

>>> Minor nit: =)
>>> It lasts 7 tics for me(SCRM+20% extension from shawl),and costs 8 or
9
>>> mana,depending on what I get from Mana Preservation and Spell Casting
>>> Mastery.
>>> Seriously,the point of all this is,that I am at least 90% of my time
>>> fm,thats why I am (somewhat) concerned about melee dps,besides the
fun
>>> factor.
>>>

>>The amount of extra damage you will do with Cleave will be lost in the
>>noise. It will make no difference at all to the fights.
>
>>As to being FM all the time, well, your group is pulling too slow.
>
> Nice,that you always have the pefect group in ideal circumstances.

Lol, I wish I did. There are plenty of times, in pickup groups, where I
do spend my time meleeing, nuking, daydreaming...

When you start grouping in RSS at level 69, you will find that things are
quite a bit rougher though.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont
Graeme, 36 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter <Tempest>
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 5:26:45 PM

On 22 Aug 2005 21:25:53 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:

>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in
>
>> On 22 Aug 2005 14:42:43 GMT, Graeme Faelban
>> <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote in

>9
>fun
>>>>

>>>The amount of extra damage you will do with Cleave will be lost in the
>>>noise. It will make no difference at all to the fights.
>>
>>>As to being FM all the time, well, your group is pulling too slow.
>>
>> Nice,that you always have the pefect group in ideal circumstances.
>>

>Lol, I wish I did. There are plenty of times, in pickup groups, where I
>do spend my time meleeing, nuking, daydreaming...
>
>When you start grouping in RSS at level 69, you will find that things are
>quite a bit rougher though.

Sure,but I am 67,as you could see in my posting.
For now there is only one place which makes me scream for mana and
where I wouldnt dream of meleeing,thats Tipt.
Last group I had there was War,Rng,Rng,Mag,Enc,Cle(me).One of the
Rangers and the Mage did not have the flag.Group decided to let the
War tank and use the charmed pet only for dps.In the average I throw
a HoT(480mana) and a Complete Heal(400 mana) per fight on the War.
This wouldnt have been too bad by itself,but constant early charm
breaks forced me to throw a lot of fast heals,I was constantly around
20m or 30m until the first trap spot,where we could recover after
clearing it,made me feel pretty uncomfortable the whole time.
Sadly we wiped at the 1st gate,partially my fault,puller brought 2 of
the undead(?) arisen Beludus,and instead of pressing the hotkey
for Heal over Time I tried to open the bazaar window(in vain). =)
In the end we wiped because Fast Heals generated too much aggro,
I died with 50 mana left.
At least we got the FT2/Regen2 aug from the named,and some nice
AA xp from the expedition.

Mheldur *67* Cleric
Anonymous
September 11, 2005 7:16:04 AM

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 01:25:38 +0200, Meldur <Meldur@t-online.de> wrote:

>Well,browsing about various messageboards it has come to my
>attention,that it is possible to get critical melee hits with classes
>which dont have this as an inherent skill or get it via AAs.
>Sadly I cannot find any info about the number of crits I will get,
>looking it up on Lucy it says something about an increase of 80%,
>but an increase of 80% from 0 is still 0!? =)
>So,anyone can give some numbers or anecdotal info on this?
>
>Mheldur 67 Cleric

After some luck with rare drops lately(Discordiant Scoriae,Words
of Agony,Velium Mastodon furs =) ),I bought an augment with
Cleave 2 on it.
"Proc" rate is between 0 and 2 on a level 55 mob soloed in Veksar
fully meleed to death without nuking or Ward of Venegeance but
using the summoned hammer pet.
So if you are not really rich (not me) or mad (me) stay away. =)

Meldur 67 Cleric
!