Draytek Vigor 2600 firewall configuration.

Hi, I have a Vigor 2600 and try to configure the firewall wich come
inside the router but I think proceding in a wrong way. This is the
specification of inside network:
- dhcp from 10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.30;
- subnet 255.255.255.0.
I configure the firewall to block all communication (direction in and
out) on TCP/UDP except port 25, 80, 110 and 143. I block all the ip
with subnet 255.255.255.0. To try if the configuration is ok I try to
block all protocol and all ip with the previous subnet but the result
is that the communication is not block from firewall however.
From this fact I suppose my configuration is not so good as I think.
Can someone give me information about configuration in general and
particular on the model I had?
Thank you
Enrico
NOTE: I visit the website of productor but I don't find anything can
help me!
2 answers Last reply
More about draytek vigor 2600 firewall configuration

    On 6 May 2004 02:36:36 -0700, busettoe@libero.it (Brave) wrote:

    >Hi, I have a Vigor 2600 and try to configure the firewall wich come
    >inside the router but I think proceding in a wrong way. This is the
    >specification of inside network:
    >- dhcp from 10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.30;
    >- subnet 255.255.255.0.
    >I configure the firewall to block all communication (direction in and
    >out) on TCP/UDP except port 25, 80, 110 and 143. I block all the ip
    >with subnet 255.255.255.0. To try if the configuration is ok I try to
    >block all protocol and all ip with the previous subnet but the result
    >is that the communication is not block from firewall however.
    >From this fact I suppose my configuration is not so good as I think.
    >Can someone give me information about configuration in general and
    >particular on the model I had?
    >Thank you
    >Enrico
    >NOTE: I visit the website of productor but I don't find anything can
    >help me!
    Hi,
    I sent you a zip files with jpg's of my configuration.
    Let me know if you got it.
    Bob
  2. Bob said:

    On 6 May 2004 02:36:36 -0700, busettoe@libero.it (Brave) wrote:

    >Hi, I have a Vigor 2600 and try to configure the firewall wich come
    >inside the router but I think proceding in a wrong way. This is the
    >specification of inside network:
    >- dhcp from 10.0.0.1 to 10.0.0.30;
    >- subnet 255.255.255.0.
    >I configure the firewall to block all communication (direction in and
    >out) on TCP/UDP except port 25, 80, 110 and 143. I block all the ip
    >with subnet 255.255.255.0. To try if the configuration is ok I try to
    >block all protocol and all ip with the previous subnet but the result
    >is that the communication is not block from firewall however.
    >From this fact I suppose my configuration is not so good as I think.
    >Can someone give me information about configuration in general and
    >particular on the model I had?
    >Thank you
    >Enrico
    >NOTE: I visit the website of productor but I don't find anything can
    >help me!
    Hi,
    I sent you a zip files with jpg's of my configuration.
    Let me know if you got it.
    Bob

    Bob

    I have a similar to that of Enrico. If you are still interested could you please send me a copy of the information. I don't know if my email is added to this thread or not so here it is dtelford@matrixmark.co.uk.

    Many thanks

    Douglas

Firewalls Subnet Configuration Networking