Cannot remove printer drivers - please help.

Hi,

I run winxp sp2, on a dfi lanparty ut nF3 Ultra-D motherboard, AMD64
3800+ CPU, and have two printers on the USB connectors.

One of them is an Epson C70. The problem arose after I fresh installed
the printer drivers. I got a message saying the driver installation had
failed and that the printer would not work correctly (or words to that
effect). However, the test page did print correctly, but on re-start the
same mesages came up.

Next I tried to uninstall the drivers, so that I could reinstall them
again. I did this in the add-remove programs page. During the process
the software did seem to be removed, but the entry for Epson Printer
Software remained. When I tried to remove the entry the computer froze.
I next restarted, and tried again to remove the entry, but only got the
message " You do not have sufficient access to remove Epson Printer
Software from the Add Remove programs list".

Next I restarted in Safe Mode as an Administrator, but only got the same
message.

Please advise me how to correct this situation.

Many thanks

Roystont.
2 answers Last reply
More about cannot remove printer drivers help

    "Royston" <roystont5038@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I run winxp sp2, on a dfi lanparty ut nF3 Ultra-D motherboard,
    > AMD64
    > 3800+ CPU, and have two printers on the USB connectors.
    >
    > One of them is an Epson C70. The problem arose after I fresh
    > installed
    > the printer drivers. I got a message saying the driver
    > installation had
    > failed and that the printer would not work correctly (or words to
    > that
    > effect). However, the test page did print correctly, but on
    > re-start the
    > same mesages came up.
    >
    > Next I tried to uninstall the drivers, so that I could reinstall
    > them
    > again. I did this in the add-remove programs page. During the
    > process
    > the software did seem to be removed, but the entry for Epson
    > Printer
    > Software remained. When I tried to remove the entry the computer
    > froze.
    > I next restarted, and tried again to remove the entry, but only
    > got the
    > message " You do not have sufficient access to remove Epson
    > Printer
    > Software from the Add Remove programs list".
    >
    > Next I restarted in Safe Mode as an Administrator, but only got
    > the same
    > message.
    >
    > Please advise me how to correct this situation.
    >
    > Many thanks
    >
    > Roystont.

    Under Printers and Faxes, you use File/Server Properties/Drivers to
    remove printer drivers. You have to be an Administrator and all
    sharing has to be removed first. Be sure to unplug the printer from
    the USB port before you start adding or removing drivers.

    --
    Earl F. Parrish

    In article <qTlLe.4284$rR4.3920@trnddc08>, efparri@nowhere.world says...
    > Under Printers and Faxes, you use File/Server Properties/Drivers to
    > remove printer drivers. You have to be an Administrator and all
    > sharing has to be removed first. Be sure to unplug the printer from
    > the USB port before you start adding or removing drivers.
    >
    > --
    > Earl F. Parrish

    Hi,
    Thank you for your information. I never knew that. Will be very useful
    for next time.

    Anyway, I solved the problem by unblocking a 'blocked' Epson file in the
    Internet Security folder, and reinstallling the drivers, this time, with
    all internet security and virus protection set to OFF.

    roystont.

Drivers Printers Windows XP