"Printer spooler service is attempting to access the inter..

Why do I keep getting this msg? Is it the sp1 or sp2 update? How can I stop
it????
Is it my Norton antivirus or Microsoft?
4 answers Last reply
More about printer spooler service attempting access inter

    When did this start? When does it occur? What had recently changed? Did
    you add or remove or update software or hardware?

    I would first run a utility like Ad-aware (freeware from Lavasoft) to search
    for and remove Spyware/Malware. Recently, it seems that this is the most
    common problem of things not working correctly.

    For more information & links to utilities, see this page:

    The Parasite Fight, Quick Fix Protocol
    http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

    If this doesn't help, then I'd run the Msconfig utility and deselect Startup
    items. If the problem stops, then enable the items in Startup a few at a
    time, restart and check for the problem. When the problem starts again,
    then something that you just loaded up is causing it. Remember that the
    System Configuration utility is a tool for troubleshooting and disabling
    things using it is not meant as a permanent fix but to help determine what
    is causing the problem so that you can deal with it.

    How to troubleshoot by using the System Configuration utility in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560

    PattyL

    "ixr" <ixr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Why do I keep getting this msg? Is it the sp1 or sp2 update? How can I
    > stop
    > it????
    > Is it my Norton antivirus or Microsoft?

    "ixr" <ixr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Why do I keep getting this msg? Is it the sp1 or sp2 update? How
    > can I stop
    > it????
    > Is it my Norton antivirus or Microsoft?

    Have you designated a Trusted Zone of IP addresses on your LAN for
    your firewall? Any IP address not associated with the local machine
    is considered Internet unless you tell your firewall differently.
    Do you have FedEx printing set up?

    --
    Earl F. Parrish

    Here is the fix from Norton antivirus...

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/a1171f66440d932988256fb00082d2d6/3ebb701bd3f0215a88256ce70064910f?OpenDocument&prod=Norton%20Internet%20Security&ver=2005%20AntiSpyware%20Edition&src=csm&pcode=nis&svy=&csm=no

    It worked great, no more error msg.

    Thanks for your help, have a great day, Jim

    > Here is the fix from Norton antivirus...
    >
    > http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/a1171f66440d932988256fb00082d2d6/3ebb701bd3f0215a88256ce70064910f?OpenDocument&prod=Norton%20Internet%20Security&ver=2005%20AntiSpyware%20Edition&src=csm&pcode=nis&svy=&csm=no
    >
    > It worked great, no more error msg.
    >
    > Thanks for your help, have a great day, Jim

    Now I remember. The fax service uses a port (1024) which is also
    used by one of the Trojan Horses NetSpy. The fax service uses it a
    loopback address with the local host at IP address 127.0.0.1 along
    with port 1034.

    --
    Earl F. Parrish

Fax Microsoft Antivirus Printers Windows XP