"Printer spooler service is attempting to access the inter..

Tags:
  • Fax
  • Microsoft
  • Antivirus
  • Printers
  • Windows XP
August 16, 2005 4:01:03 AM

Why do I keep getting this msg? Is it the sp1 or sp2 update? How can I stop
it????
Is it my Norton antivirus or Microsoft?

More about : printer spooler service attempting access inter

Anonymous
August 16, 2005 12:15:36 PM

When did this start? When does it occur? What had recently changed? Did
you add or remove or update software or hardware?

I would first run a utility like Ad-aware (freeware from Lavasoft) to search
for and remove Spyware/Malware. Recently, it seems that this is the most
common problem of things not working correctly.

For more information & links to utilities, see this page:

The Parasite Fight, Quick Fix Protocol
http://www.aumha.org/a/parasite.htm

If this doesn't help, then I'd run the Msconfig utility and deselect Startup
items. If the problem stops, then enable the items in Startup a few at a
time, restart and check for the problem. When the problem starts again,
then something that you just loaded up is causing it. Remember that the
System Configuration utility is a tool for troubleshooting and disabling
things using it is not meant as a permanent fix but to help determine what
is causing the problem so that you can deal with it.

How to troubleshoot by using the System Configuration utility in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560

PattyL

"ixr" <ixr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why do I keep getting this msg? Is it the sp1 or sp2 update? How can I
> stop
> it????
> Is it my Norton antivirus or Microsoft?
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 6:49:09 PM

"ixr" <ixr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why do I keep getting this msg? Is it the sp1 or sp2 update? How
> can I stop
> it????
> Is it my Norton antivirus or Microsoft?

Have you designated a Trusted Zone of IP addresses on your LAN for
your firewall? Any IP address not associated with the local machine
is considered Internet unless you tell your firewall differently.
Do you have FedEx printing set up?

--
Earl F. Parrish
August 20, 2005 3:47:12 AM

> Here is the fix from Norton antivirus...
>
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/a1171f6644...
>
> It worked great, no more error msg.
>
> Thanks for your help, have a great day, Jim

Now I remember. The fax service uses a port (1024) which is also
used by one of the Trojan Horses NetSpy. The fax service uses it a
loopback address with the local host at IP address 127.0.0.1 along
with port 1034.

--
Earl F. Parrish
!