Printer Drivers on Windows Vista

Hello,
I don't know if this is already questioned here....
Are my printer drivers running on Wndows XP would work 100% in Vista?
TIA
7 answers Last reply
More about printer drivers windows vista

    It will be up to the printer manufacturer to develop drivers
    compatible with Vista. However, Vista will have a Windows
    XP compatibability mode for installing Windows XP drivers.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "ken" wrote:

    | Hello,
    | I don't know if this is already questioned here....
    | Are my printer drivers running on Wndows XP would work 100% in Vista?
    | TIA

    32 bit or 64 bit version of Vista?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "ken" <ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I don't know if this is already questioned here....
    > Are my printer drivers running on Wndows XP would work 100% in Vista?
    > TIA

    32 bit.
    Thanks.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > 32 bit or 64 bit version of Vista?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "ken" <ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > > I don't know if this is already questioned here....
    > > Are my printer drivers running on Wndows XP would work 100% in Vista?
    > > TIA

    I see. Thanks.
    Is there any documentation on Vista supporting this compatibility thing?
    TIA

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > It will be up to the printer manufacturer to develop drivers
    > compatible with Vista. However, Vista will have a Windows
    > XP compatibability mode for installing Windows XP drivers.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "ken" wrote:
    >
    > | Hello,
    > | I don't know if this is already questioned here....
    > | Are my printer drivers running on Wndows XP would work 100% in Vista?
    > | TIA

    Many printer drivers are already built into Vista (especialy the 32bit)....
    that's why it's a DVD and not a CD.

    32 bit certainly recognizes all printers on my network (Lexmark Optra S,
    Canon i950, i860 and i560)....Since it's an early beta, you should certainly
    not be installing it on a production PC, but if you're dual booting or on a
    LAN, you can certainly print on a network printer or boot into the other
    operating system and print from there if you have a problem.
    --

    > 32 bit.
    > Thanks.
    >

    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> 32 bit or 64 bit version of Vista?
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>

    >> "ken" <ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hello,
    >> > I don't know if this is already questioned here....
    >> > Are my printer drivers running on Wndows XP would work 100% in Vista?
    >> > TIA

    I have a problem with my Lexmark Z605 USB Printer. Drivers install with no
    problem, but when I try to print something, printer status switches from
    ready into offline. What can I do?

    Wait for the next release and post your problem in the private Beta Vista
    newsgroups. If you are an official tester, you will have been given the
    access details in email.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "kzez1986" <kzez1986@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a problem with my Lexmark Z605 USB Printer. Drivers install with no
    > problem, but when I try to print something, printer status switches from
    > ready into offline. What can I do?

Drivers Windows Vista Printers Windows XP