VX6100

Last response: in Network Providers
April 13, 2005 3:25:47 AM

I just upgraded to this phone and have some questions about its functions.
The manual is useless.
1. I entered my password in the voice messages setup. It works fine when I
dial in for messages, but if I have a message and I say ok to retrieve the
password isn't sent. Is there a way to fix this?
2. In call setup - what does Auto Volume do?
3. Under Message Alerts - what is 2-min reminder?

Sorry if the questions are dumb.

--
Nat Holmes

More about : vx6100

Anonymous
April 13, 2005 3:25:48 AM

Don't know the answer to #1 but here goes with the others:

#2 - It controls the microphone volume on your phone, I believe.
#3 - If someone leaves a voicemail message this function reminds you that
you have a message every two minutes.

"Nat Holmes" <nat@nospam-happy-hackers.com> wrote in message
> I just upgraded to this phone and have some questions about its functions.
> The manual is useless.
> 1. I entered my password in the voice messages setup. It works fine when I
> dial in for messages, but if I have a message and I say ok to retrieve the
> password isn't sent. Is there a way to fix this?
> 2. In call setup - what does Auto Volume do?
> 3. Under Message Alerts - what is 2-min reminder?
>
> Sorry if the questions are dumb.
>
> --
> Nat Holmes

Anonymous
April 13, 2005 3:25:48 AM

Nat,
Yes, you can't use the OK function to retrieve your voice mail with the
stored password. You need to clear the screen (Press END), then access your
voice mail the 'other' way (Press 1). My wife's 6100 has the password and
the Pauses stored so that she only presses the 1 button and that's all.

Bill Radio
http://www.mountainwireless.com

"Nat Holmes" <nat@nospam-happy-hackers.com> wrote in message
> I just upgraded to this phone and have some questions about its functions.
> The manual is useless.
> 1. I entered my password in the voice messages setup. It works fine when I
> dial in for messages, but if I have a message and I say ok to retrieve the
> password isn't sent. Is there a way to fix this?
> 2. In call setup - what does Auto Volume do?
> 3. Under Message Alerts - what is 2-min reminder?
>
> Sorry if the questions are dumb.
>
> --
> Nat Holmes

April 13, 2005 3:19:45 PM

The OK function used to work, but stopped several months ago. This stoppage
had nothing to do with the phone. It was working on both a T720 and a
VX4400, but not more and did not work when I upgraded the T720 to the
VX6100. Must have somthing to do with what VZW sends with the OK function.
I do what Bill suggest to access my voicemail without having to enter the
password.

Harold

"Bill Radio" <Wireless@MountainWirelessNOSPAN.com> wrote in message
> Nat,
> Yes, you can't use the OK function to retrieve your voice mail with the
> stored password. You need to clear the screen (Press END), then access
> your
> voice mail the 'other' way (Press 1). My wife's 6100 has the password and
> the Pauses stored so that she only presses the 1 button and that's all.
>
> Bill Radio
> Click for Western U.S. Wireless Reviews at:
> http://www.mountainwireless.com
>

> "Nat Holmes" <nat@nospam-happy-hackers.com> wrote in message
>> I just upgraded to this phone and have some questions about its
>> functions.
>> The manual is useless.
>> 1. I entered my password in the voice messages setup. It works fine when
>> dial in for messages, but if I have a message and I say ok to retrieve
>> the
>> password isn't sent. Is there a way to fix this?
>> 2. In call setup - what does Auto Volume do?
>> 3. Under Message Alerts - what is 2-min reminder?
>>
>> Sorry if the questions are dumb.
>>
>> --
>> Nat Holmes

Anonymous
May 8, 2005 3:22:55 AM

I think I have the same odd problem with my vx6100(one of them). We just
bought 2 of them and this is only a problem with one.

I can setup the voice mail (menu, 4, 7, 6) to *86TTT123456(123456 represents
my password) on one phone and it works any way that I access my voice mail
(command menu, speed dial, ok button).

However, on the second phone I set it up the same way, but it will only send
*86TTT123456 if I go through the speed dial menu. If I use the command menu
or push down on the OK button it will only dial *86. This is very strange.
I have checked every setting on both phones and they are identical including
firmware and everything else I can view.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks,

Doug

!