Hi all,

Just a lost soul looking for help :)

Can anyone tell me approximatetly the maximum distance between the computer
and the printer using the parallel port ?

TIA
Don

Byte

The greater the distance (cable length) the greater the signal loss.
Epson/HP/Canon all recommend not to exceed 25 feet.
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"Don Lloyd" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just a lost soul looking for help :)
>
> Can anyone tell me approximatetly the maximum distance between the computer
> and the printer using the parallel port ?
>
> TIA
> Don

Don

The longest cable I have ever seen was some 50 feet in length, and it was
not bi-directional which means that some HP printers would not like it..
your printer is an Epson, however..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Don Lloyd" <donlloyd@f2s.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Just a lost soul looking for help :)
>
> Can anyone tell me approximatetly the maximum distance between the
> computer and the printer using the parallel port ?
>
> TIA
> Don

Many thanks to you both.
The information gives an excellent start-off point.

regards,
Don

"Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The greater the distance (cable length) the greater the signal loss.
> Epson/HP/Canon all recommend not to exceed 25 feet.
> --
> XP-WNP
> Today is the first day of the
> rest of your life.
>

> "Don Lloyd" wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just a lost soul looking for help :)
>>
>> Can anyone tell me approximatetly the maximum distance between the
>> computer
>> and the printer using the parallel port ?
>>
>> TIA
>> Don

Don

The printer manufacturers recommend as short a cable as possible..
obviously, printer location is the governing factor.. some printers also
demand that the cable be bi-directional.. this has an effect on usable
length and price.. check with the printer manual or Epson website..