2400XP and A7N8X Overclock

BIG_J

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2002
Hi,

Just got these 2400+ XP and Asus A7N8X. I want to clock the CPU. As I understand it the XP 2400+ and higher are already unlocked to a certain degree. That being that multipliers of 13 and above are available without having to bridge any of the Lx contacts. What I want to actually do is run the CPU on a 166FSB x 13+ multiplier. How do I go about this? I have tried just changing the bus speed via the BIOS but the PC refuses to boot due to "overclocked CPU".

I've had a good search via the net but nearly all articles are for unlocking XP 2100+ and below.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

J

Gib Gib!!

ZondaC12

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2002
you have to increase the voltage when you overclock. i cant seem to find a guide about how much, like a chart or something, but i think you just keep increasing it until your is stable. IMPORTANT: mkae sure you have a good cooling system!!!!! if you don't your CPU will fry and maybe your motherboard. AMD CPUs have a problem where they will get very hot, as much as 600 degrees FAHRENHEIT. (im not kidding. see the THG first video)

BIG_J

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2002
Don't worry bout that me has nice water cooled setup.

I just started increasing multiplier and got up to 2800+ so far. Gonna try for higher later on.

I really want to run the CPU at 166 FSB tho so mem run's in sync with the Processors FSB.

Even reducing the multipliers down to say 13 and increasing FSB to 166 dosen't work...any other suggestions?

Ta

J

Gib Gib!!

halkebul

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2002
<A HREF="http://www.ocworkbench.com/2002/asus/a7n8x/a7n8xgallery1.htm" target="_new">This article</A> seems to provide some useful information for you.

<i>It's your world kid!!!</i>