Hasten (Jboots)

Hasten follows a new path. To find him easiest, you should be in the
central East-West Valley that runs from the Ferrott zone to the Lake
Rathetear zone. Some place near that npc who can't talk to you because
he's waiting for someone important to arrive will do. Hasten will come
eastward along that valley. I had the impression he wasn't moving as
fast, but then I had SOW while following him.

Once he reaches his eastern termini, which was somewhere SE of where
the hill giants are now, he will wait a minute then despawn. It would
appear that A Drake will spawn, then after A Drake despawns, Maldyn
will spawn, and after he despawns, Hasten will spawn.

While A Drake will kind of follow the apparent regular circuit, Hasten
and Maldyn are glitched. They will run west from the vicinity of the
Paladin camp into the mountains then warp through. Hasten and Maldyn
may take a short jaunt off the central valley a short distance south,
but will return to it.

The western end of the circuit is a general area just south of the
Preserver's mountain and west of the village. The eastern end is
somewhere along the eastern part of the Rathe zone roughly SE of where
the hill giants are now located.

If you aren't completely confused, be assured that Hasten is still
there. Good luck.

hidone@hotmail.com writes:
> Hasten follows a new path.
[Details snipped.]

Thanks for the info. I assume the new path also applies to
Brother Zephyl (for the monk epic), but he's a bit rarer so
you probably didn't see him while you were watching.

I guess SOE didn't want to have all these NPCs running back
and forth through the Froggie tents, which I think the old
path would've done. I wonder if Froggies are KOS to any of
them?

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 57 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 52 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- Teviron, Knight 21 on E. Marr