I'm no tecchie so apologies if my terminology is not spot on.

We have recently installed a PC of software that need an agent "pushed" out
to each users PC. We also had turn on the file and print share option for
all PC's.

But since doing so, people are now getting a yellow dialogue bubble pop up
in their sys tray EVERY time they print. I have been told that this may be a
policy in GPO, can anyone give me any ideas where I could start looking?

1. Go to Start > Settings > Printers and Faxes
2. From the Toolbar select: File > Server Properties > Advanced
3. Uncheck "Show informational notifications for local printers", click Apply.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Nigel Bruce" wrote:

| I'm no tecchie so apologies if my terminology is not spot on.
|
| We have recently installed a PC of software that need an agent "pushed" out
| to each users PC. We also had turn on the file and print share option for
| all PC's.
|
| But since doing so, people are now getting a yellow dialogue bubble pop up
| in their sys tray EVERY time they print. I have been told that this may be a
| policy in GPO, can anyone give me any ideas where I could start looking?

Worked a treat, many thanks.

> 1. Go to Start > Settings > Printers and Faxes
> 2. From the Toolbar select: File > Server Properties > Advanced
> 3. Uncheck "Show informational notifications for local printers", click
> Apply.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "Nigel Bruce" wrote:
>
> | I'm no tecchie so apologies if my terminology is not spot on.
> |
> | We have recently installed a PC of software that need an agent "pushed"
> out
> | to each users PC. We also had turn on the file and print share option
> for
> | all PC's.
> |
> | But since doing so, people are now getting a yellow dialogue bubble pop
> up
> | in their sys tray EVERY time they print. I have been told that this may
> be a
> | policy in GPO, can anyone give me any ideas where I could start looking?

TRENDING THREADS