Buying computer games - which shop?

G

Hello,

I've got one question. I got my computer for about 3 monthes. And i got only one game. I want to buy more but they are a little bit expensive. I don't want to hacking etc. I found a shop/page with many cheap and good games, but I don't want to make mistake. Is this shop OK ??? www.digitto.co

Sorry for my english if it is bad

davidgermain

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2005
Yeah the sale's that Steam do are great. but are heavy on the downloads so watch out if you have download limits.
I dont buy games anywhere else, also its great if you reinstall you PC all you need is to log back in select the games you already bought, and it downloads them updates them and your ready to go.

voiidwulf

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2012
I like GreenManGaming.com. They have awesome random sales too. I got Borderlands 2 on launch day for $40 off there, and BattleField 3 Premium Edition for $45 yesterday. Both were supposed to $60, but if you search for coupons on google you can get them cheap. They give you activation codes for Steam.

Generally, what I do is check both sites and buy from the cheapest.

MyNameIsTony

Honorable
Sep 12, 2012
You Must Get Steam!!! they have so many great deals such as the total war collection a 130 dollar price only for 31 bucks :D:D:D came with all total war games except shogun 1 and mideval 1.

For me Steam is a must. I hate the fact that you cannot play games offline sometimes (im quite sure they do that on purpuose, and there is no real "problem with the data"), but its almost the only option to get games in English (i hate doubed films and games, kills a lot in the process).

Apart from steam, mostly freeware really...

G

Steam is ok, but I think digitto.co is also great.
I was buying there some games and everything was ok :)

nocturnal7x

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
Steam is probably the most popular and with good reason, gog.com is great too, they started selling only classic games (GoodOldGames=GOG.com) but sell a lot of new games now.

G

I prefer digitto.co It;s a good shop. I bought there many games.

tinyE

Honorable
Nov 30, 2012
If you live near civilization go STEAM. If you live in the middle of nowhere with questionable online reliability (like myself) go Amazon. As much as I loathe touting the all mighty capiatlist diety of internet shopping, Amazon gives you a good price range and more than that, helps you out if you don't get what you want. I once bought an RTS lables as "new" from a sub-seller only to find when it got here it was pirated. The seller ignored me, but Amazon went after him, got my money & shipping back, and let me keep the original disc which (as it was a rewritable cd rom) I used to make a mix of Christmas songs. Lastly: Read Reviews! Be they here or gamespot or pc gamer or IGN, these folks can help immensly in keeping you from buying a dud!