Fax client setup can't see/copy FX files...?

Hello,

I've setup Windows 2003 fax services on a W2K3 server and shared the
device. I've tested faxing from Word on my PC and it works fine.

However, when other users try to install the fax client, the setup
hangs asking for the fx* setup files. I've tried different XPSP2 CDs,
copying the files to a local directory, making sure that the users have
local admin rights (and even domain admin rights) but to no avail. The
files are already in the system32 directory so in theory the setup
doesn't even need to copy them. Even if I delete them, it doesn't work.
Our corporate SMS team reckons that there isn't any policy which could
cause the problem.

Anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks,

- Alan.

Have a look at this article:

http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/FAQFAX.htm#_Toc88835132
Why can't the XP Fax Installation Program find the Installation Files?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com