Standard TCP port not listed in the port section or pritne..

David

It is also missing from the choices in Add pritner. I have tried adding the
lines using a reg script from a 2003 post I found, I have tried adding and
removing Windows components, I have even tried a repair install from the
Recovery Console. The VB script for XP Pro does not seem to work either.

No virus, no worms, no malware (to include rootkits) detected using a wide
range of tools.

I can not add the port, nor can the HP install programs for their network
enabled pritners.

Does anyone know the specific componenets of the TCP port sections in the XP
Home (SP2) registry or how to restore the functionality of this section?

I can find no other issues in Windows, just this one. System had a lot of
problems but I have removed problems and rebuilt each portion in turn. I just
need this last part.

Any help would be appreciated.
--
david

"david" <david@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know the specific componenets of the TCP port sections in
the XP
> Home (SP2) registry or how to restore the functionality of this section?

No, but I have included the my
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Print\Monitors reg keys below.
If you can live without the raw TCP printing provided by the missing port,
and use LPR instead, you might want
to add the "Print Services for Unix" instead - should create a LPR port in
the list. It's in the Windows
Components - Other Network File and Print Services module.

/klaus

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\BJ
Language Monitor]
"Driver"="cnbjmon.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\Local
Port]
"Driver"="localspl.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\PJL
Language Monitor]
"Driver"="pjlmon.dll"
"EOJTimeout"=dword:0000ea60

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\Standa
rd TCP/IP Port]
"Driver"="tcpmon.dll"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\Standa
rd TCP/IP Port\Ports]
"StatusUpdateInterval"=dword:0000000a
"StatusUpdateEnabled"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\Standa
rd TCP/IP
Port\Ports\IP_192.168.0.10]
"Protocol"=dword:00000002
"Version"=dword:00000001
"HostName"=""
"IPAddress"="192.168.0.10"
"HWAddress"=""
"PortNumber"=dword:00000203
"SNMP Community"="public"
"SNMP Enabled"=dword:00000000
"SNMP Index"=dword:00000001
"Queue"="PORT_1"
"Double Spool"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Monitors\USB
Monitor]
"Driver"="usbmon.dll"

random2001

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2010
I know this is an old archived thread from a newsgroup, but I had the same problem with Windows 7 where the TCP/IP port registry entries are there but I can't find a way to get them added to the port list.

I still don't know how to solve the problem, but HP provides its own standard TCP/IP port which I bet will work just fine as a replacement:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpp03923

Download at:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNum=J4187AA&prodName=hp+install+network+printer+wizard&locale=en_US&taskName=download+drivers+%26+software&taskId=8418&prodSeriesId=27908&prodTypeId=13037&prodSeriesName=hp+in

Adam