HP Deskjet 3650 Printer

Hi,

This question is regarding a hp deskjet 3650 printer. When I installed the
driver for the printer, I'm getting some of the property pages with garbled
text. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem?

Shafiee.
9 answers Last reply
More about deskjet 3650 printer

    See this troubleshooting page at HP

    HP Deskjet Printers - What to do if the Printer is Printing Strange
    Characters or Blank or Partial Pages
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpd09143&product=304535&dlc=en&lang=en

    TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/7gava

    PattyL

    "Shafiee" <Shafiee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > This question is regarding a hp deskjet 3650 printer. When I installed the
    > driver for the printer, I'm getting some of the property pages with
    > garbled
    > text. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem?
    >
    > Shafiee.

    It is not printing strange characters.... the printer preferences dialog box
    is appearing with garbled text, which cannot be read...

    Please tell me how to correct this.

    Thanks in advance.

    Shafiee.

    "PattyL" wrote:

    > See this troubleshooting page at HP
    >
    > HP Deskjet Printers - What to do if the Printer is Printing Strange
    > Characters or Blank or Partial Pages
    > http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpd09143&product=304535&dlc=en&lang=en
    >
    > TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/7gava
    >
    > PattyL
    >

    > "Shafiee" <Shafiee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > This question is regarding a hp deskjet 3650 printer. When I installed the
    > > driver for the printer, I'm getting some of the property pages with
    > > garbled
    > > text. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem?
    > >
    > > Shafiee.

    Uninstall and reinstall.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    > It is not printing strange characters.... the printer preferences dialog
    > box
    > is appearing with garbled text, which cannot be read...
    >
    > Please tell me how to correct this.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Shafiee.
    >
    > "PattyL" wrote:
    >
    >> See this troubleshooting page at HP
    >>
    >> HP Deskjet Printers - What to do if the Printer is Printing Strange
    >> Characters or Blank or Partial Pages
    >> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpd09143&product=304535&dlc=en&lang=en
    >>
    >> TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/7gava
    >>
    >> PattyL
    >>

    >> "Shafiee" <Shafiee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > This question is regarding a hp deskjet 3650 printer. When I installed
    >> > the
    >> > driver for the printer, I'm getting some of the property pages with
    >> > garbled
    >> > text. Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem?
    >> >
    >> > Shafiee.

    Hi Cari,

    Thanks for your reply.
    I tried reinstalling the printer... and it appears the same. The printer
    preferences dialog box appears with garbled text even after reinstalling the
    printer.
    Any other solutions pls?

    Shafiee.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Uninstall and reinstall.
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Shafiee" <Shafiee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > It is not printing strange characters.... the printer preferences dialog
    > > box
    > > is appearing with garbled text, which cannot be read...
    > >
    > > Please tell me how to correct this.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > >
    > > Shafiee.
    > >
    > > "PattyL" wrote:
    > >
    > >> See this troubleshooting page at HP
    > >>
    > >> HP Deskjet Printers - What to do if the Printer is Printing Strange
    > >> Characters or Blank or Partial Pages
    > >> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bpd09143&product=304535&dlc=en&lang=en
    > >>
    > >> TinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/7gava
    > >>
    > >> PattyL
    > >>

    > >> "Shafiee" <Shafiee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    Are you sure you got the right language version of the printer software for
    the country that your PC resides in?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    > Hi Cari,
    >
    > Thanks for your reply.
    > I tried reinstalling the printer... and it appears the same. The printer
    > preferences dialog box appears with garbled text even after reinstalling
    > the
    > printer.
    > Any other solutions pls?
    >
    > Shafiee.
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Uninstall and reinstall.
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>

    >> "Shafiee" <Shafiee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > It is not printing strange characters.... the printer preferences
    >> > dialog
    >> > box
    >> > is appearing with garbled text, which cannot be read...
    >> >
    >> > Please tell me how to correct this.
    >> >
    >> > Thanks in advance.
    >> >
    >> > Shafiee.

    Yeah... it is the right driver. Could it be something wrong with the windows
    installation? I read something like that earlier regarding the same
    problem... I reinstalled windows in that system without formatting, and now
    that driver doesn't function correctly.

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > Are you sure you got the right language version of the printer software for
    > the country that your PC resides in?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >

    > "Shafiee" <Shafiee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi Cari,
    > >
    > > Thanks for your reply.
    > > I tried reinstalling the printer... and it appears the same. The printer
    > > preferences dialog box appears with garbled text even after reinstalling
    > > the
    > > printer.
    > > Any other solutions pls?
    > >
    > > Shafiee.
    > >
    > > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Uninstall and reinstall.
    > >> --
    > >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    > >> Printing & Imaging
    > >>

    > >> "Shafiee" <Shafiee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    And it's just the printer dialog box that is 'garbled'? Nothing else?
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    > Yeah... it is the right driver. Could it be something wrong with the
    > windows
    > installation? I read something like that earlier regarding the same
    > problem... I reinstalled windows in that system without formatting, and
    > now
    > that driver doesn't function correctly.
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Are you sure you got the right language version of the printer software
    >> for
    >> the country that your PC resides in?
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP)
    >> Printing & Imaging
    >>

    >> "Shafiee" <Shafiee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi Cari,
    >> >
    >> > Thanks for your reply.
    >> > I tried reinstalling the printer... and it appears the same. The
    >> > printer
    >> > preferences dialog box appears with garbled text even after
    >> > reinstalling
    >> > the
    >> > printer.
    >> > Any other solutions pls?
    >> >
    >> > Shafiee.

  8. I'm having a similar issue with a networked Lexmark T652 printer preferences dialog box on a Windows XP (SP 3) machine. The print jobs appear fine. The printer preferences dialog box is in the normal shape, but appears to show the code names used to create the tabs, radio buttons, etc., rather than the GUI names. As a tech person, I can understand the dialog box, but my user cannot.

    Examples: (radio buttons) !rbPortrait , !rbLandscape , (section re:) !sglCopies , (number input box) !sCopies , (checkboxes) !chkCollate , !chkLastFirst , (top of the dialog box tabs) !tabPage , !tabPaper , !tabQuality , !tabOther

    There aren't other users with the same issue. The printer has been deleted (twice) and re-installed with a CD and the Lexmark (latest at this time) Complete driver package. The next steps are setting it up with Lexmark's Universal driver, and lastly to connect it directly with a USB cable (That's unlikely to help since it's not the print jobs that are faulty).
  9. I'm having the exact same problem with my HP Photosmart Prem C310.
    It prints fine, but the printer preferences window has garbled text and tabs and the drop downs are blank.

    I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver with no effect.

    Please let me know of any suggestions.

Printers Hewlett Packard Deskjet Windows XP