Problem with printer sharing

August 22, 2005 5:13:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange.clients,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Hi there,

I met a so weird problem. I installed a USB printer on a Windows XP
computer, and shared it as "HPLaserJ". Currently, I can print from any
domain servers (windows 2003), but none of windows XP box can print except
the one with it. All windows 2003 & windows XP are in one Domain.

Does anyone know how to solve the weird problem?

Ray
August 22, 2005 5:28:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

I mean, when I try to link it as a network printer, all windows boxes can
see the print in the directory, but only Windows 2003 can link with it, none
of Windows XP can link, the error message is

Windows cannot connect to the printer, Either the printer name was typed
incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the server.
For more information, click Help.

Thanks.

Ray

"Ray" <ray@usu.edu> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I met a so weird problem. I installed a USB printer on a Windows XP
> computer, and shared it as "HPLaserJ". Currently, I can print from any
> domain servers (windows 2003), but none of windows XP box can print except
> the one with it. All windows 2003 & windows XP are in one Domain.
>
> Does anyone know how to solve the weird problem?
>
> Ray

Anonymous
August 25, 2005 1:14:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange.clients,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

In news:eiok$10pFHA.1324@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Ray <ray@usu.edu> typed:
> Hi there,
>
> I met a so weird problem. I installed a USB printer on a Windows XP
> computer, and shared it as "HPLaserJ". Currently, I can print from any
> domain servers (windows 2003), but none of windows XP box can print
> except the one with it. All windows 2003 & windows XP are in one
> Domain.
> Does anyone know how to solve the weird problem?
>
> Ray

Hi - you've posted this to the wrong newsgroups. These are for Microsoft
Exchange Server. Try posting in a group for Windows XP or Windows
networking, and include any error messages you get.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 4:20:21 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange.clients,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

See:
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"