Problem with printer sharing

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange.clients,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Hi there,

I met a so weird problem. I installed a USB printer on a Windows XP
computer, and shared it as "HPLaserJ". Currently, I can print from any
domain servers (windows 2003), but none of windows XP box can print except
the one with it. All windows 2003 & windows XP are in one Domain.

Does anyone know how to solve the weird problem?

Ray
3 answers Last reply
More about problem printer sharing
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    I mean, when I try to link it as a network printer, all windows boxes can
    see the print in the directory, but only Windows 2003 can link with it, none
    of Windows XP can link, the error message is

    Windows cannot connect to the printer, Either the printer name was typed
    incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the server.
    For more information, click Help.

    Thanks.

    Ray

    "Ray" <ray@usu.edu> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I met a so weird problem. I installed a USB printer on a Windows XP
    > computer, and shared it as "HPLaserJ". Currently, I can print from any
    > domain servers (windows 2003), but none of windows XP box can print except
    > the one with it. All windows 2003 & windows XP are in one Domain.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to solve the weird problem?
    >
    > Ray

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange.clients,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    In news:eiok$10pFHA.1324@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    Ray <ray@usu.edu> typed:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I met a so weird problem. I installed a USB printer on a Windows XP
    > computer, and shared it as "HPLaserJ". Currently, I can print from any
    > domain servers (windows 2003), but none of windows XP box can print
    > except the one with it. All windows 2003 & windows XP are in one
    > Domain.
    > Does anyone know how to solve the weird problem?
    >
    > Ray

    Hi - you've posted this to the wrong newsgroups. These are for Microsoft
    Exchange Server. Try posting in a group for Windows XP or Windows
    networking, and include any error messages you get.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.exchange.clients,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

    See:
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"

    > In news:eiok$10pFHA.1324@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    > Ray <ray@usu.edu> typed:
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> I met a so weird problem. I installed a USB printer on a Windows XP
    >> computer, and shared it as "HPLaserJ". Currently, I can print from any
    >> domain servers (windows 2003), but none of windows XP box can print
    >> except the one with it. All windows 2003 & windows XP are in one
    >> Domain.
    >> Does anyone know how to solve the weird problem?
    >>
    >> Ray
    >
    > Hi - you've posted this to the wrong newsgroups. These are for Microsoft
    > Exchange Server. Try posting in a group for Windows XP or Windows
    > networking, and include any error messages you get.

Windows Server 2003 Windows XP Microsoft Printers