EvenFlow

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2002
I'm fairly new to all of this, I got myself an XP2000 with a Gigabyte GA-7VAX mobo with 256Mb DDR400 Ram. The CPU is currently averaging aroung 40 degrees celsius. Now the FSB is currently defaulted to 100MHz, will the system be able to handle pushing it straight up to 133MHz?

- What kind of temparature increase can I expect and will I need to adjust anything other than the FSB?

- I'm interested to know how a program like EasyTune 4 is able to make adjustments to things like the FSB, is'nt this something that can only be adjusted on the hardware itself?

- How much of a diffence to temps. do rounded IDE cables make, are they more for show or do they make a vast improvement to the systems temps.?

Any input appreciated, thanks...

mrwhipper

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2002
Hi there. First of all, you should be running the FSB at 133 not 100. Your computer is underclocked right now. You will notice some temp difference. Im guessing about +5C. I do not know your mobo. Most boads have dip switches on the board or you make the adjustment in the bios. Round cables can make a difference in temps. They allow more air flow in the case. The are cheep enough now. I would invest in them. YOu do need to increase your buss speed to 133. Good luck. Take care. Post your results.

Hang in there. It can only get better!