Windows XP Home machine cannot access Windows XP Pro Printer

I've tried everything I can think of to connect to this network. The company
I work for just ordered a laptop with Windows XP Home but their small
business network contains all XP Pro OS's. I allowed simple file sharing and
re-shared all the printers. I still cannot even access the network much less
the printer. Any suggestions? Thanks
Josh Yarber
1 answer Last reply
More about windows home machine access windows printer

    Josh

    If the workplace uses a domain, there is no way that the XP Home laptop can
    access anything on the network.. to connect to a domain, one must have XP
    Pro installed.. your company should have ordered a laptop with XP Pro
    installed.. maybe they still can?..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Josh Yarber" <Josh Yarber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've tried everything I can think of to connect to this network. The
    > company
    > I work for just ordered a laptop with Windows XP Home but their small
    > business network contains all XP Pro OS's. I allowed simple file sharing
    > and
    > re-shared all the printers. I still cannot even access the network much
    > less
    > the printer. Any suggestions? Thanks
    > Josh Yarber

Windows XP Printers