Install Canon Multipass C530

I am unable to install my Multipass printer on a new laptop running Windows
XP. I have downloaded a new driver that is compatible with the XP but as
soon as the installation starts I get a message that the printer is not
connected. I am connecting using a parallel port on a Port Replicator. The
replicator works because I have other things plugged into it that work just
fine. Does anyone have a suggestion?

When I use the "Install Printer" wizard, it does not recognize the driver.
I need help.

Thanks,
3 answers Last reply
More about install canon multipass c530

    Thanks Carl,
    I was hoping to not have to buy a new printer. My laptop does not have a
    parallel port on it so that is why I am using the replicator.

    I am wondering if anyone has tried this and made it work?

    Thanks.

    "EdieCas" wrote:

    > I am unable to install my Multipass printer on a new laptop running Windows
    > XP. I have downloaded a new driver that is compatible with the XP but as
    > soon as the installation starts I get a message that the printer is not
    > connected. I am connecting using a parallel port on a Port Replicator. The
    > replicator works because I have other things plugged into it that work just
    > fine. Does anyone have a suggestion?
    >
    > When I use the "Install Printer" wizard, it does not recognize the driver.
    > I need help.
    >
    > Thanks,

    No parallel port, how about a serial port? You can get an adapter plug
    from Radio Shack or Circuit City to switch your printer cable to USB, or
    serial. Although, recommend USB.

    --
    XP-WNP
    Today is the first day of the

    "EdieCas" wrote:

    > Thanks Carl,
    > I was hoping to not have to buy a new printer. My laptop does not have a
    > parallel port on it so that is why I am using the replicator.
    >
    > I am wondering if anyone has tried this and made it work?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >

    > "EdieCas" wrote:
    >
    > > I am unable to install my Multipass printer on a new laptop running Windows
    > > XP. I have downloaded a new driver that is compatible with the XP but as
    > > soon as the installation starts I get a message that the printer is not
    > > connected. I am connecting using a parallel port on a Port Replicator. The
    > > replicator works because I have other things plugged into it that work just
    > > fine. Does anyone have a suggestion?
    > >
    > > When I use the "Install Printer" wizard, it does not recognize the driver.
    > > I need help.
    > >
    > > Thanks,

    Thanks, I have tried an adaper USB port to parallel on my printer. The same
    thing happened. I am wondering if something on my Windows XP is blocking the
    installation? I have a serial port on my laptop. Do you think that would
    work?

    Anything to keep from buying a new printer when this one is a multifunction.

    Thanks, EdieCas

    "Byte" wrote:

    > No parallel port, how about a serial port? You can get an adapter plug
    > from Radio Shack or Circuit City to switch your printer cable to USB, or
    > serial. Although, recommend USB.
    >
    > --
    > XP-WNP
    > Today is the first day of the
    > rest of your life.
    >

    > "EdieCas" wrote:
    >
    > > Thanks Carl,
    > > I was hoping to not have to buy a new printer. My laptop does not have a
    > > parallel port on it so that is why I am using the replicator.
    > >
    > > I am wondering if anyone has tried this and made it work?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >

    > > "EdieCas" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I am unable to install my Multipass printer on a new laptop running Windows
    > > > XP. I have downloaded a new driver that is compatible with the XP but as
    > > > soon as the installation starts I get a message that the printer is not
    > > > connected. I am connecting using a parallel port on a Port Replicator. The
    > > > replicator works because I have other things plugged into it that work just
    > > > fine. Does anyone have a suggestion?
    > > >
    > > > When I use the "Install Printer" wizard, it does not recognize the driver.
    > > > I need help.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,

Printers Windows XP