Im trying to print pdf file but nothing happens when it gets to print queue.
It freezes computer and I have to restart. I notice a 91kb file becomes a
31.8mb file when it's in the print queue. How does this happen and could it
be the problem?
Help please!!

--
Raylen

No, the PDF is a very compressed file which has to decompress in order to
print.

What software are you using to open and print the PDF? Do you have all the
updates for it?

Have you ever printed it correctly? Are you sure it is not encrypted so no
printing is possible.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Raylen" <Raylen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Im trying to print pdf file but nothing happens when it gets to print
> queue.
> It freezes computer and I have to restart. I notice a 91kb file becomes a
> 31.8mb file when it's in the print queue. How does this happen and could
> it
> be the problem?
> Help please!!
>
> --
> Raylen

Thanks Cari,
I am using Adobe Reader 7.0 to open files. When my computer freezes and I
restart, the files print almost straight away - but if I try and print
another after this happens I get a frozen computer again.
Any more clues?
--
Raylen

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> No, the PDF is a very compressed file which has to decompress in order to
> print.
>
> What software are you using to open and print the PDF? Do you have all the
> updates for it?
>
> Have you ever printed it correctly? Are you sure it is not encrypted so no
> printing is possible.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Raylen" <Raylen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Im trying to print pdf file but nothing happens when it gets to print
> > queue.
> > It freezes computer and I have to restart. I notice a 91kb file becomes a
> > 31.8mb file when it's in the print queue. How does this happen and could
> > it
> > be the problem?
> > Help please!!
> >
> > --
> > Raylen

First thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall Acrobat Reader.
www.adobe.com will get you the latest version.
--

> Thanks Cari,
> I am using Adobe Reader 7.0 to open files. When my computer freezes and I
> restart, the files print almost straight away - but if I try and print
> another after this happens I get a frozen computer again.
> Any more clues?
> --
> Raylen
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> No, the PDF is a very compressed file which has to decompress in order to
>> print.
>>
>> What software are you using to open and print the PDF? Do you have all
>> the
>> updates for it?
>>
>> Have you ever printed it correctly? Are you sure it is not encrypted so
>> no
>> printing is possible.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging
>>

>> "Raylen" <Raylen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Im trying to print pdf file but nothing happens when it gets to print
>> > queue.
>> > It freezes computer and I have to restart. I notice a 91kb file
>> > becomes a
>> > 31.8mb file when it's in the print queue. How does this happen and
>> > could
>> > it
>> > be the problem?
>> > Help please!!
>> >
>> > --
>> > Raylen

Thanks Cari,
I have unisntalled and reinstalled both Adobe 6 and 7. Same results with both
--
Raylen

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> First thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall Acrobat Reader.
> www.adobe.com will get you the latest version.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Raylen" <Raylen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Cari,
> > I am using Adobe Reader 7.0 to open files. When my computer freezes and I
> > restart, the files print almost straight away - but if I try and print
> > another after this happens I get a frozen computer again.
> > Any more clues?
> > --
> > Raylen
> >

> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> >> No, the PDF is a very compressed file which has to decompress in order to
> >> print.
> >>
> >> What software are you using to open and print the PDF? Do you have all
> >> the
> >> updates for it?
> >>
> >> Have you ever printed it correctly? Are you sure it is not encrypted so
> >> no
> >> printing is possible.
> >> --
> >> Cari (MS-MVP)
> >> Printing & Imaging
> >>

> >> "Raylen" <Raylen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Check the file properties from within Acrobat. It may be a file that cannot
be printed.