Windows update stops printer from working

I am using an HP Presario (Windows XP Home SP2) and a Brother MFC-5840CN
printer. The computer is connected wirelessly to a Linksys gateway. The
printer is connected via a cable to the gateway.

After updating Windows (via Windows Update) I can no longer print--from any
application. Documents that I attempt to print do print IF I reboot the
computer..they print during the rebooting process. (I am currently able to
print because I restored my computer to a 8/1/05 access point.)

How can I update Windows and still use my printer?

What happens if you try to uninstall and reinstall the printer?

Presumably the Linksys gateway assigns the DHCP adress to the printer?

Have you worked your way through:
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/Printing%20to%20Print%20Server%20device.htm
--
Cari (MS-MVP)