I recently bought a new Canon i9900 Printer and am having a problem when it
comes to printing a 2nd job. The first print job I send to the printer
starts printing immediately and works just fine. But if I immediately start
another Print job, it can take up to 4 minutes before it starts printing. I
can't figure out why it would take so long to start printing.

I've defragged, cleaned out temp files,but still the long delay. Canon so
far has not had any great suggestions, other than to suggest there must be a
problem with spoolsv.exe. However, before having this printer hooked up, I
had a Canon S300 hooked up with no problems like this.

Could the latest spooler vulnerability patch (8/11/05) have affected this in
any way?

Any thoughts?
I'm running XP Home SP2

Thanks,
Mark

First thing to do is uninstall and reinstall the i9900...

Check for updated drivers at the Canon website and remember not to reconnect
the printer to the PC until the software tells you to do so.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"ATHiker95" <ATHiker95@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently bought a new Canon i9900 Printer and am having a problem when it
> comes to printing a 2nd job. The first print job I send to the printer
> starts printing immediately and works just fine. But if I immediately
> start
> another Print job, it can take up to 4 minutes before it starts printing.
> can't figure out why it would take so long to start printing.
>
> I've defragged, cleaned out temp files,but still the long delay. Canon so
> far has not had any great suggestions, other than to suggest there must be
> problem with spoolsv.exe. However, before having this printer hooked up,
> had a Canon S300 hooked up with no problems like this.
>
> Could the latest spooler vulnerability patch (8/11/05) have affected this
> in
> any way?
>
> Any thoughts?
> I'm running XP Home SP2
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

I tried this, but it didn't work. I went to the Canon web site to make sure
I had the latest drivers.

Mark

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> First thing to do is uninstall and reinstall the i9900...
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
>
> Check for updated drivers at the Canon website and remember not to reconnect
> the printer to the PC until the software tells you to do so.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "ATHiker95" <ATHiker95@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently bought a new Canon i9900 Printer and am having a problem when it
> > comes to printing a 2nd job. The first print job I send to the printer
> > starts printing immediately and works just fine. But if I immediately
> > start
> > another Print job, it can take up to 4 minutes before it starts printing.
> > can't figure out why it would take so long to start printing.
> >
> > I've defragged, cleaned out temp files,but still the long delay. Canon so
> > far has not had any great suggestions, other than to suggest there must be
> > problem with spoolsv.exe. However, before having this printer hooked up,
> > had a Canon S300 hooked up with no problems like this.
> >
> > Could the latest spooler vulnerability patch (8/11/05) have affected this
> > in
> > any way?
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> > I'm running XP Home SP2
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark

I just wanted to follow up here and thanks Cari for all her help. She helped
me find out that the Belkin add-in USB 2.0 PCI card must be somewhat
underpowered in terms of running the i9900. In the meantime, I can plug it
into my normal 1.1 ports and it works fine. Canon indicates they don't
support add-in cards due to possible communication issues, but suggested that
I would see very little real speed differences between 1.1 and 2.0. We'll
see - haven't had a chance to test that yet. Running on 2.0, I was able to
spit out an 8.5x11 borderless print in 83 seconds, so I'll soon know.

Cari suggested I might look into replacing my PCI card with one that has not
only usb 2.0, but also firewire and run the printer off of the firewire port.
In the meantime I've written Belkin to ask them what they think of this
situation.

So, just wanted to say a big thanks to Cari who went above and beyond in
helping me out with this issue, especially since I had had 0 responses from
many other online forums.

Mark

"ATHiker95" wrote:

> I tried this, but it didn't work. I went to the Canon web site to make sure
> I had the latest drivers.
>
> Mark
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > First thing to do is uninstall and reinstall the i9900...
> > http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
> >
> > Check for updated drivers at the Canon website and remember not to reconnect
> > the printer to the PC until the software tells you to do so.
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > Printing & Imaging
> >

> > "ATHiker95" <ATHiker95@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I recently bought a new Canon i9900 Printer and am having a problem when it
> > > comes to printing a 2nd job. The first print job I send to the printer
> > > starts printing immediately and works just fine. But if I immediately
> > > start
> > > another Print job, it can take up to 4 minutes before it starts printing.
> > > can't figure out why it would take so long to start printing.
> > >
> > > I've defragged, cleaned out temp files,but still the long delay. Canon so
> > > far has not had any great suggestions, other than to suggest there must be
> > > problem with spoolsv.exe. However, before having this printer hooked up,
> > > had a Canon S300 hooked up with no problems like this.
> > >
> > > Could the latest spooler vulnerability patch (8/11/05) have affected this
> > > in
> > > any way?
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?
> > > I'm running XP Home SP2