How The Hell do You Overclock a motherboard?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
BIOS. I suggest you search the web for articles before you begin.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

monkeyspank

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2001
if u got an MSI board, it maybe shipped with fuzzylogic which is a software overclocking utility but you are better off going through the bios.

To be honest if you need to ask questions like this then perhaps you should avoid overclocking until you have read up about it. It can mess up your hardware.

<font color=red> -- </font color=red><font color=blue>A bush in the hand is worth two birds at the bar</font color=blue>

Grub

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2002
check out the OC'ing guide on the Overclocking>CPU's category. Its a very good article.

...ummm...sorry, I forgot what I was going to say...

Toester

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2002
yes!!!, definitely DO a LOT of research before u even try anything..I read articles all over the web, and a huge amount in Tom's as well. I was very anxious to o/c mine as soon as I got all my parts......and it took a lot of will power not to. But doing your homework will pay of huge!!!! If you don't know-------don't do it!!!..............or you'll end up buying a dell...on e-bay...lol

<font color=purple> We can't all be heros,someone has to stand on the sidewalk and clap!!

skimanjohn

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2002
Overclockers.com is not a very good web site.A lot of their articles are very vage and not to the point or precise.They do have good reviews and the like but I have yet to find a site that shows the fine points over overclocking ,on all levels,cpu,motherboard, etc,step by step.If you know of any please post their web sight.