[Help] Wireless/BT headset for VX6100?

Last response: in Network Providers
a b F Wireless
April 14, 2005 2:34:08 AM

I am looking for recommendations for a small-ish, compact wireless
headset/earpiece to use with my vzw VX6100. I don't believe the VX6100
has BT, but I believe there are some corded-to-BT adapters I can plug into
the phone to make it BT (Jabra)?

I've read reviews that the FreeSpeak from Jabra stinks.

What suggestions to people have for BT/wireless headset/earpiece?

Thanks.

Scott
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 14, 2005 2:34:09 AM

Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> I am looking for recommendations for a small-ish, compact wireless
> headset/earpiece to use with my vzw VX6100. I don't believe the
> VX6100 has BT, but I believe there are some corded-to-BT adapters I
> can plug into the phone to make it BT (Jabra)?
>
> I've read reviews that the FreeSpeak from Jabra stinks.
>
> What suggestions to people have for BT/wireless headset/earpiece?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott

Absolutely.. Go to www.jabra.com and check out the BT-250. The charger for
it (battery lasts for a few hours of talk time, many of standby), they have
an option for the charger (about $10 extra, charger is a round 1 1/2" thing
that also holds the earpiece when not in use) that also makes it a BT base
(ie it has a cord/plug coming out of it that will plug into most 2.5mm
headset jacks).

Been using the bt-200 for about 4 years and love it...
From what I understand, the bt-250 is a bit bigger/heavier but has about
8hrs talk time, and the bt-200 has 3 hour talk time.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 14, 2005 2:56:41 AM

"Scott Ehrlich" <scott@mit.edu> wrote in message

> I am looking for recommendations for a small-ish, compact wireless
> headset/earpiece to use with my vzw VX6100. I don't believe the VX6100
> has BT, but I believe there are some corded-to-BT adapters I can plug into
> the phone to make it BT (Jabra)?
>
> I've read reviews that the FreeSpeak from Jabra stinks.
>
> What suggestions to people have for BT/wireless headset/earpiece?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott

Funny you say that about the reviews of Freespeak (Jabra model BT-250) . I
just purchased the combination yesterday of the BT-250 and the adapter
which I believe is model BT-210?? Like you, I have the LG 6100 which is
proving to be a great phone.

Well unfortunately, the BT-250 (Freespeak) is sounding terrible to people I
speak to. I've tried the various settings on the adapter, of which there
are only 3, and I get the same dismal results. So, this Jabra combo is
going back to Verizon tomorrow. Incidentally, these things were not cheap.
Both items which I purchased at Verizon cost about $140.

I'd love to know if anyone has had success with "any" headset, with or
without wires, that doesn't sound like you're on a headset to the caller.
There must be something that'll give nice clarity to people I speak to.
Any ideas anyone?
!