[Help] Wireless/BT headset for VX6100?

I am looking for recommendations for a small-ish, compact wireless
headset/earpiece to use with my vzw VX6100. I don't believe the VX6100
has BT, but I believe there are some corded-to-BT adapters I can plug into
the phone to make it BT (Jabra)?

I've read reviews that the FreeSpeak from Jabra stinks.

What suggestions to people have for BT/wireless headset/earpiece?

Thanks.

Scott
2 answers Last reply
More about help wireless headset vx6100

    Scott Ehrlich wrote:
    > I am looking for recommendations for a small-ish, compact wireless
    > headset/earpiece to use with my vzw VX6100. I don't believe the
    > VX6100 has BT, but I believe there are some corded-to-BT adapters I
    > can plug into the phone to make it BT (Jabra)?
    >
    > I've read reviews that the FreeSpeak from Jabra stinks.
    >
    > What suggestions to people have for BT/wireless headset/earpiece?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Scott

    Absolutely.. Go to www.jabra.com and check out the BT-250. The charger for
    it (battery lasts for a few hours of talk time, many of standby), they have
    an option for the charger (about $10 extra, charger is a round 1 1/2" thing
    that also holds the earpiece when not in use) that also makes it a BT base
    (ie it has a cord/plug coming out of it that will plug into most 2.5mm
    headset jacks).

    Been using the bt-200 for about 4 years and love it...
    From what I understand, the bt-250 is a bit bigger/heavier but has about
    8hrs talk time, and the bt-200 has 3 hour talk time.

    "Scott Ehrlich" <scott@mit.edu> wrote in message

    > I am looking for recommendations for a small-ish, compact wireless
    > headset/earpiece to use with my vzw VX6100. I don't believe the VX6100
    > has BT, but I believe there are some corded-to-BT adapters I can plug into
    > the phone to make it BT (Jabra)?
    >
    > I've read reviews that the FreeSpeak from Jabra stinks.
    >
    > What suggestions to people have for BT/wireless headset/earpiece?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Scott

    Funny you say that about the reviews of Freespeak (Jabra model BT-250) . I
    just purchased the combination yesterday of the BT-250 and the adapter
    which I believe is model BT-210?? Like you, I have the LG 6100 which is
    proving to be a great phone.

    Well unfortunately, the BT-250 (Freespeak) is sounding terrible to people I
    speak to. I've tried the various settings on the adapter, of which there
    are only 3, and I get the same dismal results. So, this Jabra combo is
    going back to Verizon tomorrow. Incidentally, these things were not cheap.
    Both items which I purchased at Verizon cost about $140.

    I'd love to know if anyone has had success with "any" headset, with or
    without wires, that doesn't sound like you're on a headset to the caller.
    There must be something that'll give nice clarity to people I speak to.
    Any ideas anyone?

Verizon Wireless Gaming Headsets Internet Service Providers