ECP printer port

I am trying to install driver for my ooficejet 600. It says to make sure the
ECP printer port is active. When I follow the prompts my computer says
Printer Port LPT1 and does not say ECP as directed at the HP site. How do I
activate the ECP?
1 answer Last reply
More about printer port

    Check the port setting in the BIOS.
    --

    "willis" <willis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to install driver for my ooficejet 600. It says to make sure
    >the
    > ECP printer port is active. When I follow the prompts my computer says
    > Printer Port LPT1 and does not say ECP as directed at the HP site. How do
    > activate the ECP?

Hewlett Packard Microsoft Printers Windows XP