  • Dell
  • Printers
  • Windows XP
August 29, 2005 12:48:19 AM

I can not set the default printer on my Dell computer with a Dell A940
printer. It was working, but now it is not. I've reinstalled the printer, but
it didn't help. Any ideas?
--
Cody Strodtman

More about : default printer

August 29, 2005 4:37:05 AM

I havent ever had this kind of problem although i have used the dell a 940.
i always thought u could right click it and choose what the default was... As
long as u delete any of the extra ones u have installed you should not have a
problem

"Cody Strodtman" wrote:

> I can not set the default printer on my Dell computer with a Dell A940
> printer. It was working, but now it is not. I've reinstalled the printer, but
> it didn't help. Any ideas?
> --
> Cody Strodtman
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 2:10:15 AM

Did you uninstall it correctly first? It's a rebadged Lexmark, so you may
wish to look at Steps 15 thru 17 at:

After the cleanup, download a new set of software drivers from the Dell
website.

Install the software and do NOT reconnect the printer until the software
tell you to do so.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging