michelle

I am trying to install a printer on my pc. I keep getting a printer spooling
service has stopped and something about a rpc service stopped as well... HOW
DO I START BOTH SERVICES???

"Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to install a printer on my pc. I keep getting a
>printer spooling
> service has stopped and something about a rpc service stopped as
> well... HOW
> DO I START BOTH SERVICES???

The easiest way is to restart your computer. They are controlled
under Administrative Tools in Control Panel. You have to have
Administrator privileges to modify the settings.

--
Earl F. Parrish

michelle

restarting puter dont help

"Earl F. Parrish" wrote:

> "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to install a printer on my pc. I keep getting a
> >printer spooling
> > service has stopped and something about a rpc service stopped as
> > well... HOW
> > DO I START BOTH SERVICES???
>
> The easiest way is to restart your computer. They are controlled
> under Administrative Tools in Control Panel. You have to have
> Administrator privileges to modify the settings.
>
> --
> Earl F. Parrish

amit

If you go to control panel then double-click the Administrative tools icon.
Then in this folder double-click the services icon

Then scroll down the list to where it says "Print Spooler". Right click it
and click restart in the menu that pops up.

Then scroll down to where it says Remote procedure call and do the same the
same as above (right click and click restart).

Make sure its Remote procedure call you resart and not remote procedure call
locator.

Hope this helps :eek:)

Amit