PRINTER SPOOLING SERVICE WAS STOPPED!

I am trying to install a printer on my pc. I keep getting a printer spooling
service has stopped and something about a rpc service stopped as well... HOW
DO I START BOTH SERVICES???
3 answers Last reply
More about printer spooling service stopped

    "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to install a printer on my pc. I keep getting a
    >printer spooling
    > service has stopped and something about a rpc service stopped as
    > well... HOW
    > DO I START BOTH SERVICES???

    The easiest way is to restart your computer. They are controlled
    under Administrative Tools in Control Panel. You have to have
    Administrator privileges to modify the settings.

    --
    Earl F. Parrish

    restarting puter dont help

    "Earl F. Parrish" wrote:

    > "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am trying to install a printer on my pc. I keep getting a
    > >printer spooling
    > > service has stopped and something about a rpc service stopped as
    > > well... HOW
    > > DO I START BOTH SERVICES???
    >
    > The easiest way is to restart your computer. They are controlled
    > under Administrative Tools in Control Panel. You have to have
    > Administrator privileges to modify the settings.
    >
    > --
    > Earl F. Parrish

    If you go to control panel then double-click the Administrative tools icon.
    Then in this folder double-click the services icon

    Then scroll down the list to where it says "Print Spooler". Right click it
    and click restart in the menu that pops up.

    Then scroll down to where it says Remote procedure call and do the same the
    same as above (right click and click restart).

    Make sure its Remote procedure call you resart and not remote procedure call
    locator.

    Hope this helps :o)

    Amit

    "Michelle" wrote:

    > I am trying to install a printer on my pc. I keep getting a printer spooling
    > service has stopped and something about a rpc service stopped as well... HOW
    > DO I START BOTH SERVICES???

Spooling Microsoft Printers Windows XP