I have two printers connected to my computer, an HP 3020 laserjet on
the parallel port and a Lexmark z705 on USB. I can use both, but not at
the same time. To use the Lexmark/USB, I have to disconnect the HP and
reboot.

If I try to print to the Lexmark/USB when the HP is connected, I get an
error message saying Problem Communicating with the Printer.

I went through the steps of Troubleshooting the printer from Device
Manager and it said to Uninstall and reinstall all printer software.

I uninstalled the Lexmark software and reinstalled it. The
reinstallation stoped at the "Print Alignmet Page" step, when it gave
the error message "Printer not currently communicating".

Other Details:
- Windows XP Home SP1
- Dell Dimension 3000 Celeron 2.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM

Byte

You cannot use two printers at the same time for only ONE printer can
be designated as the default printer. I have three printers connected, two
are USB and one is parallel. I have never been able to print with two at
the same time for that will initiate an error for the data will always go to
whichever printer is designated as default.
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"tom.tulinsky@gmail.com" wrote:

> I have two printers connected to my computer, an HP 3020 laserjet on
> the parallel port and a Lexmark z705 on USB. I can use both, but not at
> the same time. To use the Lexmark/USB, I have to disconnect the HP and
> reboot.
>
> If I try to print to the Lexmark/USB when the HP is connected, I get an
> error message saying Problem Communicating with the Printer.
>
> I went through the steps of Troubleshooting the printer from Device
> Manager and it said to Uninstall and reinstall all printer software.
>
> I uninstalled the Lexmark software and reinstalled it. The
> reinstallation stoped at the "Print Alignmet Page" step, when it gave
> the error message "Printer not currently communicating".
>
> Other Details:
> - Windows XP Home SP1
> - Dell Dimension 3000 Celeron 2.4 GHz, 512 MB RAM

Sorry, when I said "at the same time" I did not mean that literally
printing at the same time. What I meant was I can't even use the two
printers one after another. To use the Lexmark/USB I have to turn off
the HP/parallel and reboot.