Problems adding a printer in XP Pro

August 30, 2005 4:45:02 PM

My computer dumped all of my printers. When I tried to add a printer, I got
an error message stating, "Operation could not be completed. The print
spooler service is not running". I've started the print spooler, started the
service it depended on to start, run through every troubleshooting method I
know of, and I still can't get a printer to load. Microsoft states that this
is a known problem, but offers no solution. Has anyone encountered this
problem and fixed it?
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 2:06:04 AM

What is the exact text of the error message now?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Locomotion" <Locomotion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer dumped all of my printers. When I tried to add a printer, I
> got
> an error message stating, "Operation could not be completed. The print
> spooler service is not running". I've started the print spooler, started
> the
> service it depended on to start, run through every troubleshooting method
> know of, and I still can't get a printer to load. Microsoft states that
> this
> is a known problem, but offers no solution. Has anyone encountered this
> problem and fixed it?
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 9:28:23 AM

The error message is, "Operation could not be completed. The print spooler
service is not running.". It seems that it shuts down during or immediately
when I select, "Add a Printer".

!