Printing on LPT1:

Hi

I have a client with a continuous labeling printer,
we need to generate .prn files and send it to lpt1:

Did somebody know a way to simplify this for
our client ? (without the need to switch on a Dos Box ?)

Thnaks

What program are you using ?? Most programs will send to the default
printer. Do you have the default printer on the Parallel port? Most
programs allow you to select to which printer you want to send the
file to.
TonySper

"MV" <MV@MV.MV> wrote in message
Hi

I have a client with a continuous labeling printer,
we need to generate .prn files and send it to lpt1:

Did somebody know a way to simplify this for
our client ? (without the need to switch on a Dos Box ?)

Thnaks

Hi Tony

it is a small access 2000 program that generate a ASCII file,
if we try to print it from Notepad, Notepad make a FF (Form Feed)
and the labels are not printing correctly, at the moment User need to
open a Dos Box and write "copy /b list.txt lpt1:", is there a way to print
transparent ASCII test to a Printer within Windows ?

Thanks

"TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> What program are you using ?? Most programs will send to the default
> printer. Do you have the default printer on the Parallel port? Most
> programs allow you to select to which printer you want to send the
> file to.
> TonySper
>
> "MV" <MV@MV.MV> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a client with a continuous labeling printer,
> we need to generate .prn files and send it to lpt1:
>
> Did somebody know a way to simplify this for
> our client ? (without the need to switch on a Dos Box ?)
>
> Thnaks

I did about the same thing and then used Microsoft Word to print out
the labels. Open Word and open the ASCII file to look at it. It should
look just like Notepad. You can even adjust the file to your licking.
Print it from Word.
If you know how to use Access 2000 you should be able to write a small
program to print out the labels directly from Access.
I use Visual FoxPro to run my labels using the label printouts from
the database.
Why are you using the program to generate an ASCII file?? Access has
the power to send labels directly from the database.

TonySper

"MV" <MV@MV.MV> wrote in message
Hi Tony

it is a small access 2000 program that generate a ASCII file,
if we try to print it from Notepad, Notepad make a FF (Form Feed)
and the labels are not printing correctly, at the moment User need to
open a Dos Box and write "copy /b list.txt lpt1:", is there a way to
print
transparent ASCII test to a Printer within Windows ?

Thanks

"TonySper" <tsperduti@bellsouth.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> What program are you using ?? Most programs will send to the default
> printer. Do you have the default printer on the Parallel port? Most
> programs allow you to select to which printer you want to send the
> file to.
> TonySper
>
> "MV" <MV@MV.MV> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a client with a continuous labeling printer,
> we need to generate .prn files and send it to lpt1:
>
> Did somebody know a way to simplify this for
> our client ? (without the need to switch on a Dos Box ?)
>
> Thnaks

If you are using XP you can go to the START>RUN and then type in the
print command, device and file with the full path and it will print
out. Something like

PRINT /D:LPT1 C:\path\ASCIIFILE.EXT

The /D:LPT1 just names where to print the file
C:\PATH\ASCIIFILE.EXT would be the full path of where the file is and
then the file name with the extension.

This will print from the start run without having to go to the dos
prompt
TonySper