Monkeymagic

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2002
OK, so my system isn't loud by some peoples standards, but it's loud enough to keep the better half annoyed. I replaced the cheapo coolermaster 60mm fan with a cheapo 80mm fan and adaptor on the heatsink (XP1800+). Whilst the temperature is now 46 degrees under load, I am happy with it cos its quiet! But now it's the GF4 TI 4400 thats the loudest part of my system.

My question is this:

After some research and ruling out the Zalman flower fan, I have decided to go down the road of watercooling the cpu and gpu. I have a lian li PC 60 case with 2x 80 intake fans. Could I reposition the HDD and remove the tray, and put the reservoir / radiator here? Would the Lian Li fans be sufficiant instead of a 120 fan job?

I tried overclocking before, but my system was too unstable, so I will try again once I get some suitable & quiet cooling.

Oh yeah, everything has to be positioned inside the case because I have two inquisitive cats, which could provoke some shocking results.

Any recommendations / links / experience would be appreciated.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
Loud graphics card huh?

Bumma

You could allways do what i did.
I have a geforce2pro, and it had a buzzy loud 40mm fan. So i ripped off the fan and heatsink, then got a BIG socket 370 cooler and perminantly glued it on with epoxy arctic silver.

The heatsink is so large and effective the card now runs without any fan at all, although it does take up 2PCI slots LOL.

<b>Just because someone's a member of an ethnic minority doesn't mean they're not a nasty small-minded little jerk. <i>Terry Pratchett</i></b>