Bitpim

What kind of cable does one need in order to use this program? A regular
USB cable? Where does the cable go in the phone?

In article <S5u7e.8175418$f47.1495567@news.easynews.com>, Christian
Amodeo <C.Amodeo@timestandstill.org> wrote:

> What kind of cable does one need in order to use this program? A regular
> USB cable? Where does the cable go in the phone?

Depends on the phone. It's all answered in the BitPim documentation:

http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/testhelp/

--
Garner R. Miller
Clifton Park, NY =USA=

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:23:06 GMT, Garner Miller wrote:

> In article <S5u7e.8175418$f47.1495567@news.easynews.com>, Christian
> Amodeo <C.Amodeo@timestandstill.org> wrote:
>
>> What kind of cable does one need in order to use this program? A regular
>> USB cable? Where does the cable go in the phone?
>
> Depends on the phone. It's all answered in the BitPim documentation:
>
> http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/testhelp/

It says it "supports USB charging cables" but it doesn't explain where to
plug the cable into the phone.

I've got tons of USB cables so that's not a problem.

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:34:44 GMT, Christian Amodeo wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:23:06 GMT, Garner Miller wrote:
>
>> In article <S5u7e.8175418$f47.1495567@news.easynews.com>, Christian
>> Amodeo <C.Amodeo@timestandstill.org> wrote:
>>
>>> What kind of cable does one need in order to use this program? A regular
>>> USB cable? Where does the cable go in the phone?
>>
>> Depends on the phone. It's all answered in the BitPim documentation:
>>
>> http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/testhelp/
>
> It says it "supports USB charging cables" but it doesn't explain where to
> plug the cable into the phone.
>
> I've got tons of USB cables so that's not a problem.

I see that there are USB cables made for each phone specifically. Sorry
for being a little dim.

In article <Uju7e.8176529$f47.1495803@news.easynews.com>, Christian
Amodeo <C.Amodeo@timestandstill.org> wrote:

> It says it "supports USB charging cables" but it doesn't explain where to
> plug the cable into the phone.

Which phone?

--
Garner R. Miller
Clifton Park, NY =USA=

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 13:45:37 GMT, Garner Miller wrote:

> In article <Uju7e.8176529$f47.1495803@news.easynews.com>, Christian
> Amodeo <C.Amodeo@timestandstill.org> wrote:
>
>> It says it "supports USB charging cables" but it doesn't explain where to
>> plug the cable into the phone.
>
> Which phone?

It's the LGVX7000...

In article <zDu7e.8178183$f47.1495803@news.easynews.com>, Christian
Amodeo <C.Amodeo@timestandstill.org> wrote:

> It's the LGVX7000...

I have the same phone. I got my cable on eBay, from a seller called
"accstation." It was fairly inexpensive -- ended up at about $8
including the shipping, and that was at the "buy it now" price. Worked
like a champ with BitPim.

Looks like he still has bunches of them available for even less than I
paid -- $0.69, plus $6.99 shipping.

It's item 5762307713 on ebay.com if you're interested.

--
Garner R. Miller
Clifton Park, NY =USA=

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:45:53 GMT, Garner Miller wrote:

> In article <zDu7e.8178183$f47.1495803@news.easynews.com>, Christian
> Amodeo <C.Amodeo@timestandstill.org> wrote:
>
>> It's the LGVX7000...
>
> I have the same phone. I got my cable on eBay, from a seller called
> "accstation." It was fairly inexpensive -- ended up at about $8
> including the shipping, and that was at the "buy it now" price. Worked
> like a champ with BitPim.
>
> Looks like he still has bunches of them available for even less than I
> paid -- $0.69, plus $6.99 shipping.
>
> It's item 5762307713 on ebay.com if you're interested.

My next question was going to be do you know any reputable sellers on Ebay.
There are thousands for sale and it's pretty difficult finding out who is
and who isn't a scammer.

In article <4Wv7e.8185296$f47.1497370@news.easynews.com>, Christian
Amodeo <C.Amodeo@timestandstill.org> wrote:

> My next question was going to be do you know any reputable sellers on Ebay.
> There are thousands for sale and it's pretty difficult finding out who is
> and who isn't a scammer.

I've only purchased a couple of things from eBay -- a battery for my
4400, and this cable. I took a chance figuring I can afford to gamble
$8, and that seller came through fine and the product worked as
advertised. I'd buy other things from him again, if that's any
indication.

--
Garner R. Miller
Clifton Park, NY =USA=

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:31:25 GMT, Garner Miller wrote:

> In article <4Wv7e.8185296$f47.1497370@news.easynews.com>, Christian
> Amodeo <C.Amodeo@timestandstill.org> wrote:
>
>> My next question was going to be do you know any reputable sellers on Ebay.
>> There are thousands for sale and it's pretty difficult finding out who is
>> and who isn't a scammer.
>
> I've only purchased a couple of things from eBay -- a battery for my
> 4400, and this cable. I took a chance figuring I can afford to gamble
> $8, and that seller came through fine and the product worked as
> advertised. I'd buy other things from him again, if that's any
> indication.

Does using this program circumvent the charges one incurs by emailing
pictures or sounds to one's phone? If so, money well spent.

In article <1fw7e.4371838$Zm5.688404@news.easynews.com>, Christian
Amodeo <C.Amodeo@timestandstill.org> wrote:

> Does using this program circumvent the charges one incurs by emailing
> pictures or sounds to one's phone? If so, money well spent.

Yes, it sure does. With the BitPim software, I'm able to move pictures
and sounds in and out of the phone with no charge whatsoever.

Definitely $8 well-spent. :)

--
Garner R. Miller
Clifton Park, NY =USA=

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:14:08 GMT, Garner Miller wrote:

> In article <1fw7e.4371838$Zm5.688404@news.easynews.com>, Christian
> Amodeo <C.Amodeo@timestandstill.org> wrote:
>
>> Does using this program circumvent the charges one incurs by emailing
>> pictures or sounds to one's phone? If so, money well spent.
>
> Yes, it sure does. With the BitPim software, I'm able to move pictures
> and sounds in and out of the phone with no charge whatsoever.
>
> Definitely $8 well-spent. :)

Hey, thanks for your time. I bought one.