eddie

I have scanned for viruses and have spent over 2 hours on the phone with HP
troubleshooting the printer. The problem lies in windows. The driver has
been uninstalled and reinstalled with no errors. The test page prints
perfect. When I try to print from any installed program including notepad
the printer (HP6110) makes 1 pass printing nothing and then pushes out a
blank piece of paper. My dell computer did not come with a CD version of XP
so I do not have the opeion of reloading the OS.
--
Eddie

And you tried the firmware update from HP?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&lc=en&product=79477&lang=en&cc=us&os=228

You also used the uninstall software utility from HP... at the bottom of the
above page.

The correct method of uninstalling and reinstalling...

Your PC MUST have come with the means of reinstalling. Either a hidden
partition on the hard drive or a CD are the usual means. If you have
neither of these, read your manual. The manufacturer must support their
product.

--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have scanned for viruses and have spent over 2 hours on the phone with HP
> troubleshooting the printer. The problem lies in windows. The driver has
> been uninstalled and reinstalled with no errors. The test page prints
> perfect. When I try to print from any installed program including notepad
> the printer (HP6110) makes 1 pass printing nothing and then pushes out a
> blank piece of paper. My dell computer did not come with a CD version of
> XP
> so I do not have the opeion of reloading the OS.
> --
> Eddie

eddie

The HP rep I spoke with had me download the firmware upgrade and install it.
It installed correctly as the printer turned its self off and you have to
manually start it again. He told me that is how you know it installed
properly. He also walked me thru the uninstall and then we went into the
registry file to verify no mention of HP was there. We then reinstalled the
drivers without any problems (other than it still does not work)..
The computer is a new Dell and they do not send you a Windows CD with the
computer. You get a piece of cardboard that looks like a CD with words on it
that say consult your owners manul for help. The owners manual says to do a
restore but if this is the first time you have had to do that you have no
restore point so this method is useless. Dell has told me that unless it is
a hardware issue they cannot help me and we verified the USB ports and cable
are good, so that brought us back again to the OS.
The general opnion of everyone I have consulted is one of the AUTOMATIC
upgrades from MS did me in.
--
Eddie

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> And you tried the firmware update from HP?
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&lc=en&product=79477&lang=en&cc=us&os=228
>
> You also used the uninstall software utility from HP... at the bottom of the
> above page.
>
> The correct method of uninstalling and reinstalling...
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
>
> Your PC MUST have come with the means of reinstalling. Either a hidden
> partition on the hard drive or a CD are the usual means. If you have
> neither of these, read your manual. The manufacturer must support their
> product.
>

> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have scanned for viruses and have spent over 2 hours on the phone with HP
> > troubleshooting the printer. The problem lies in windows. The driver has
> > been uninstalled and reinstalled with no errors. The test page prints
> > perfect. When I try to print from any installed program including notepad
> > the printer (HP6110) makes 1 pass printing nothing and then pushes out a
> > blank piece of paper. My dell computer did not come with a CD version of
> > XP
> > so I do not have the opeion of reloading the OS.
> > --
> > Eddie

Go into Add/Remove Programs, and ensure the box at the top Show Wndows
Updates is checked.

Remove the updates one at a time until you find the one that is causing the
problem.
--

> The HP rep I spoke with had me download the firmware upgrade and install
> it.
> It installed correctly as the printer turned its self off and you have to
> manually start it again. He told me that is how you know it installed
> properly. He also walked me thru the uninstall and then we went into the
> registry file to verify no mention of HP was there. We then reinstalled
> the
> drivers without any problems (other than it still does not work)..
> The computer is a new Dell and they do not send you a Windows CD with the
> computer. You get a piece of cardboard that looks like a CD with words on
> it
> that say consult your owners manul for help. The owners manual says to do
> restore but if this is the first time you have had to do that you have no
> restore point so this method is useless. Dell has told me that unless it
> is
> a hardware issue they cannot help me and we verified the USB ports and
> cable
> are good, so that brought us back again to the OS.
> The general opnion of everyone I have consulted is one of the AUTOMATIC
> upgrades from MS did me in.
> --
> Eddie
>

> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> And you tried the firmware update from HP?
>> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&lc=en&product=79477&lang=en&cc=us&os=228
>>
>> You also used the uninstall software utility from HP... at the bottom of
>> the
>> above page.
>>
>> The correct method of uninstalling and reinstalling...
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20One.htm
>>
>> Your PC MUST have come with the means of reinstalling. Either a hidden
>> partition on the hard drive or a CD are the usual means. If you have
>> neither of these, read your manual. The manufacturer must support their
>> product.
>>

>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging
>>

>> "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have scanned for viruses and have spent over 2 hours on the phone with
>> >HP
>> > troubleshooting the printer. The problem lies in windows. The driver
>> > has
>> > been uninstalled and reinstalled with no errors. The test page prints
>> > perfect. When I try to print from any installed program including
>> > notepad
>> > the printer (HP6110) makes 1 pass printing nothing and then pushes out
>> > blank piece of paper. My dell computer did not come with a CD version
>> > of
>> > XP
>> > so I do not have the opeion of reloading the OS.
>> > --
>> > Eddie

i got my computer of my nephew i cant find the any cd for the printer i have
managed to find a damage file i think this is causing the problem but i dont
know ho0w to repair it

"Eddie" wrote:

> I have scanned for viruses and have spent over 2 hours on the phone with HP
> troubleshooting the printer. The problem lies in windows. The driver has
> been uninstalled and reinstalled with no errors. The test page prints
> perfect. When I try to print from any installed program including notepad
> the printer (HP6110) makes 1 pass printing nothing and then pushes out a
> blank piece of paper. My dell computer did not come with a CD version of XP
> so I do not have the opeion of reloading the OS.
> --
> Eddie

Uninstall it completely.... there is an uninstall utility on HP's
website.... on the same page as you will find the new drivers for your
printer.

www.hp.com

--
Cari (MS-MVP)