Since updating to sp2 unable to install printer.Also wizard not avaiable to
install scanner or fax.Can anyoe advise?

Byte

Go to the Epson website for updates.
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"lucy moo" wrote:

> Since updating to sp2 unable to install printer.Also wizard not avaiable to
> install scanner or fax.Can anyoe advise?

Thanks forresponse.Have already done this.Also have pages and pages from HP
re my scanner but nothing works.

"Byte" wrote:

> Go to the Epson website for updates.
> --
> XP-WNP
> Today is the first day of the
> rest of your life.
>

> "lucy moo" wrote:
>
> > Since updating to sp2 unable to install printer.Also wizard not avaiable to
> > install scanner or fax.Can anyoe advise?

Give us some more clues... what happens when you try to install the printer?
What are the error messages that appear? Are you logged on as the
Administrator?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"lucy moo" <lucymoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks forresponse.Have already done this.Also have pages and pages from
> HP
> re my scanner but nothing works.
>
> "Byte" wrote:
>
>> Go to the Epson website for updates.
>> --
>> XP-WNP
>> Today is the first day of the
>> rest of your life.
>>

>> "lucy moo" wrote:
>>
>> > Since updating to sp2 unable to install printer.Also wizard not
>> > avaiable to
>> > install scanner or fax.Can anyoe advise?

Thanks for response. I have got to the point where printer is now installed
but will not print docs. Only error message is document failed to print

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Give us some more clues... what happens when you try to install the printer?
> What are the error messages that appear? Are you logged on as the
> Administrator?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>

> "lucy moo" <lucymoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks forresponse.Have already done this.Also have pages and pages from
> > HP
> > re my scanner but nothing works.
> >
> > "Byte" wrote:
> >
> >> Go to the Epson website for updates.
> >> --
> >> XP-WNP
> >> Today is the first day of the
> >> rest of your life.

Byte

Start Printer Spooler
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

"lucy moo" wrote:

> Thanks for response. I have got to the point where printer is now installed
> but will not print docs. Only error message is document failed to print
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > Give us some more clues... what happens when you try to install the printer?
> > What are the error messages that appear? Are you logged on as the
> > Administrator?
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > Printing & Imaging
> >

> > "lucy moo" <lucymoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks forresponse.Have already done this.Also have pages and pages from
> > > HP
> > > re my scanner but nothing works.

Thanks byte for site very informative but did not fix problem. The printer is
now installed but computer doesn't seem to recognise the port.I am going
crazy as I need to print off notes for Uni.

"Byte" wrote:

> Start Printer Spooler
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
> --
> XP-WNP
> Today is the first day of the
> rest of your life.
>

> "lucy moo" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for response. I have got to the point where printer is now installed
> > but will not print docs. Only error message is document failed to print
> >
> > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
> >
> > > Give us some more clues... what happens when you try to install the printer?
> > > What are the error messages that appear? Are you logged on as the
> > > Administrator?
> > > --
> > > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > > Printing & Imaging
> > >

> > > "lucy moo" <lucymoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

How is the printer connected to the PC?
--

> Thanks byte for site very informative but did not fix problem. The printer
> is
> now installed but computer doesn't seem to recognise the port.I am going
> crazy as I need to print off notes for Uni.
>
> "Byte" wrote:
>
>> Start Printer Spooler
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
>> --
>> XP-WNP
>> Today is the first day of the
>> rest of your life.
>>

>> "lucy moo" wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks for response. I have got to the point where printer is now
>> > installed
>> > but will not print docs. Only error message is document failed to print

Printer connected by usb cable.Have tried different slots to see if it makes
a difference .The power source is direct cable to power outlet.