Printout is split among several pages

September 3, 2005 4:36:33 AM

Yesterday my Canon i550 began to split the printout on several pages. For
example, if I have to print a single page (text, graphics or both, b&w or
color does not matter), the printer prints a strip of about ten centimeters
on top of first sheet, eject page, and print the rest on another sheet. It
occurs with any application. I have not changed any printer option recently.
I simply updated my WinXP Home as usual from MS site. No other change. Any
idea? The printer driver is the latest available from Canon.

--
Dario de Judicibus - Rome, Italy (EU)
Site: http://www.dejudicibus.it

More about : printout split pages

Anonymous
September 3, 2005 10:41:21 AM

Check the cable. I just had a similar problem with my printers and it
turned out that my USB hub was failing. In testing, I connected the
printers one at a time directly to a USB port on the computer and voila!
Put old hub back in the picture and both printers exhibited the exact same
behavior that you are describing again. With new hub, they work just fine.

Patty

"Dario de Judicibus" <NOSPAM.dejudicibus@geocities.com> wrote in message
news:o zhWP7AsFHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Yesterday my Canon i550 began to split the printout on several pages. For
> example, if I have to print a single page (text, graphics or both, b&w or
> color does not matter), the printer prints a strip of about ten
> centimeters
> on top of first sheet, eject page, and print the rest on another sheet. It
> occurs with any application. I have not changed any printer option
> recently.
> I simply updated my WinXP Home as usual from MS site. No other change. Any
> idea? The printer driver is the latest available from Canon.
>
> --
> Dario de Judicibus - Rome, Italy (EU)
> Site: http://www.dejudicibus.it
> Blog: http://lindipendente.splinder.com

Anonymous
September 3, 2005 8:52:51 PM

"PattyL" <pattyl@XXmvps.org> ha scritto nel messaggio
| Check the cable. I just had a similar problem with my printers and it
| turned out that my USB hub was failing. In testing, I connected the
| printers one at a time directly to a USB port on the computer and voila!
| Put old hub back in the picture and both printers exhibited the exact same
| behavior that you are describing again. With new hub, they work just
fine.

Mmmm... Patty, maybe you got it. I have not another cable now, but recently
I added an old 100MB ZIP unit to my system which uses the parallel port.
Since my printer used a parallel cable, I suspect the bypass connection is
faulty. I will purchase an USB cable and use it for printer too.

Thank you.

--
Dario de Judicibus - Rome, Italy (UE)
Site: http://www.dejudicibus.it
Blog: http://lindipendente.splinder.com
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 11:03:03 PM

"Dario de Judicibus" <NOSPAM.dejudicibus@geocities.com> ha scritto nel
messaggio news:uyWb6cJsFHA.3328@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

| "PattyL" <pattyl@XXmvps.org> ha scritto nel messaggio
| | Check the cable. I just had a similar problem with my printers and it
| | turned out that my USB hub was failing. In testing, I connected the
| | printers one at a time directly to a USB port on the computer and voila!
| | Put old hub back in the picture and both printers exhibited the exact
same
| | behavior that you are describing again. With new hub, they work just
| fine.

Got the USB cable through a USB 2.0 Hub. Everything is fine now. Thank you,
Patty.

--
!