Compaq Presario 5010 running very slow...

have run spybot,ccleaner,defrg,aware,et­c. and what can i try to speed

it up?

Intel Pentium III processor - 866 MHz
133 MHz system bus
32KB L1 Pipeline Burst Cache
256KB L2 Pipeline Burst Cache
383 Mg. Ram
73% system resources free
40 GB hard drive 29.4 GB free
Windows ME

Thank you in advance!
2 answers Last reply
More about compaq presario 5010 running slow

    Upgrading to Windows XP would help a lot. WinMe is the absolute worst MS
    Win9X OS. 73% free resources at bootup isn't helping. Try to stop some of
    the junk from loading by running msconfig and going to the startup tab.
    HH

    rnc54s@yahoo.com wrote:
    > have run spybot,ccleaner,defrg,aware,et­c. and what can i try to speed
    >
    > it up?
    >

    > Intel Pentium III processor - 866 MHz
    > 133 MHz system bus
    > 32KB L1 Pipeline Burst Cache
    > 256KB L2 Pipeline Burst Cache
    > 383 Mg. Ram
    > 73% system resources free
    > 40 GB hard drive 29.4 GB free
    > Windows ME
    >
    > Thank you in advance!

    ....clean out windows/temp and/or run disk cleanup. Clean up the
    desktop - minimum icons, no files/folders at all. Open C:\ (the root of
    C:) and remove any loose user files stored at this location to my docs,
    etc. Remove or delete old log files. How much free boot hd space? you
    should have 500MB; make it so.

Compaq Pipeline Presario Computers