Very strange effect when printing to Lexmark X75 over home..

Tags:
  • Lexmark
  • Printers
  • Windows XP
September 6, 2005 2:07:23 PM

Hi Chuck,

First of all thanks for replying! During the time that I posted the
inital message I tried some other things such as changing the USB port
that the Lexmark is connected to, however this did not help the
problem.

When you say switch off the Canon printer monitor, what exactly does
this involve? Does this mean just deactivate the printer? I should
say at this point that the Canon is not always attached and online, we
only plug it in when needed to print.

Also, as another point to my inital post, I am now wondering if I have
caused the problem by some recent changes I made to the system. My
problem was that the initial profile on the desktop PC had some
problems, and I couldn't set privileges up to access both this and the
notebook over the network. So What I did was set up a new profile, and
then copied all the data from my documents, and the data from
Application data across to the new profile. Maybe this is the
problem?

I will certainly try deactivating the Canon and seeing if this fixes
the problem. I have also followed the links in some of the posts in
this forum by Bruce Sanderson where he gives detailed instructions on
how to rid your system of printer drivers so that a clean install is
possible. Maybe this is worth a go next.

I would still be interested to know if anyone else has seen the effect
I originally showed on the screen shot of the desktop pc.

Thanks again

Duncan

--
Dungo

More about : strange effect printing lexmark x75 home

September 14, 2005 3:12:36 AM

When you say switch off the Canon printer monitor, what exactly does
> this involve? Does this mean just deactivate the printer?

No. The Canon printer drivers generally have an option to disable/enable
the"BJ"status monitor buried in one of the printer driver settings windows,
usually the maintaince window.

news:D ungo.1uxqdr@pcbanter.net...

!