Can I install Sprint OCR without my original Lexmark insta..

My Sprint 4.0 OCR program came bundled with a Lexmark X73 printer.

A year or so back, I sold the printer, together with the installation
disk that went with it. Sadly, I didn't keep a copy.

I now wish to install the Sprint OCR program onto a new machine, but
simply transferring the 101MB folder into the Programs folder of my new
computer doesn't work; not surprisingly...

Does anyone have any idea how I can transfer/intall my existing Sprint
4.0 OCR program onto my new machine without the original Lexmark
installation disk?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance -

TM

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

When you sold the printer and the install disk, you also sold your license
to use the OCR program.

<trevormidgley@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> My Sprint 4.0 OCR program came bundled with a Lexmark X73 printer.
>
> A year or so back, I sold the printer, together with the installation
> disk that went with it. Sadly, I didn't keep a copy.
>
> I now wish to install the Sprint OCR program onto a new machine, but
> simply transferring the 101MB folder into the Programs folder of my new
> computer doesn't work; not surprisingly...
>
> Does anyone have any idea how I can transfer/intall my existing Sprint
> 4.0 OCR program onto my new machine without the original Lexmark
> installation disk?
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance -
>
> TM

Byte

No, it will not work, copying the files will not accomplish this. The only way
it to INSTALL the app. If you still have contact with the person you sold it
to, you could maybe borrow the disk for a new install.
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the