We have come across a very strange thing. Our client is running Netware
queue based prinitng with jet direct servers. In replacing our clients
computers from 98 to XPsp2 several printing issues have come up. First let
me say everything was working fine under 98. Once XP is in place three
things are happening on all XP machines: Also, they are using the latest
drivers downloaded from the manufacturer.

1. Cannot collate on Laserjet 4200 . With 98 if you print a 3 page document
and ask for 3 copies, it prints the pages as follows: 123,123,123 , now
under XPsp2 it will only print 111,222,333(verified that collate is
checked).

2. Cannot print multiple copies to Epson 980, If you send 5 only 1 comes
out.. Infact, in notepad it won't even allow you to choose more than one
copy. In 98 it worked fine.

3. If you capture an lpt port it stays caputred, howerver it only prints the
first time you send a job. After you reboot it won't print (caputre when
windows starts is checked).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You will need to pick up the QFE for partial print providers. Not sure
about the net use issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884897

SYMPTOMS
If you print to a network print server, some printing features do not work
correctly. For example, you experience one or more of the following
symptoms: . Watermarks do not print.
. You cannot print multiple pages of a document on a single piece of
paper. This is referred to as n-up printing.
. If you print multiple copies of a document, the collate option does
not work

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team